New member alert with a problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gulfhog89

Reaction score
Wuts up fellas new member checking in I have a 2011 Ford raptor this thing is freaking awesome, I’m currently undecided of what’s going on with my truck. I have some milky light water in my reservoir which made me do a flush just waiting on the thermostat housing which was old and decided to change it as well as the thermostat since I’m already there! Now my question is I changed oil cooler, reservoir, radiator, hoses and water pump(all brand new parts) rode it for about a month and still coming up with that residue now I heckled the oil and it’s clean no water inside motor, what could it be also my mechanic change the timing chain on it and took a look inside the motor and said it was good what is the cause of this? Help a brother out thanx in advance!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the oil cooler was leaking you won’t get all of the contamination out just by draining and refilling; the entire system needs to be flushed with Motorcraft VC-1.

OP
OP
gulfhog89

gulfhog89

Reaction score
@FordTechOne no the oil cooler wasn’t leaking but had to be removed for further inspection now the seal was kinda crusty so once removed I bought a new oil cooler and replaced it.
@Nex 245,000 miles no spoke comes out from the exhaust and it has good compression

OP
OP
gulfhog89

gulfhog89

Reaction score
Currently did the wash through,remove hoses from raidiator and applied some pressure to one of the hoses for more material removal in the motor let’s see if it happens again and if it those I’ll look more further into the gasket I don’t drive it daily just to the corner store and back which is less that a mile

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Yea. Truck needs to no longer be driven and taken to a shop for a proper diagnosis. That is the definition of milkshake.

And despite what @MurderedOutSVT says, that does NOT bring all the boys to the yard...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea. Truck needs to no longer be driven and taken to a shop for a proper diagnosis. That is the definition of milkshake.
What Nex said. That oil came from somewhere; the possibilities are engine oil cooler, transmission oil cooler, or a head gasket. Take a look at your transmission fluid.