"Must Do's" with a new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@cjhoneyman I am running a Blacvue 750X IR 2 channel powered off 2 Celllink NEO backup batteries under the back seat.. The batteries charger off the fuse box in the passenger foot well when the truck is running. Excellent set up give me about 48 hours of run time on the 2 channel cam when the truck is off.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do either ceramic coat or PPF over the entire truck (as another Black Raptor owner, the PPF while more expensive than the ceramic coat, keeps swirls and scratches down that black paint seems to show more than other colors). At a minimum, get the front clip done in PPF along with a strip on the front part of the roof right after the windshield and back to the front of the sunroof (if equipped) as I always seem to get sand and rock chips on that part in addition to the front of the vehicle and regret forgetting to have had it done. If you go with partial PPF ceramic the rest.

Ceramic tint the windows and the pano sun roof (again if equipped) with tint that has UV and IR reduction. These black beasts get plenty hot in the summer.

Swap out the factory Rigid fog and driving lights for Rigid aftermarket ones (if you want to keep the factory look) or Baja Designs lights. The factory ones from Ford suck.

LineX the bed

Husky or other manufacture’s floor mats and mud flaps.

Consider a larger intercooler at some point down the road even if you don’t plan on getting a tune. Again, Ford cut corners on the factory intercooler like they did on the Explorer ST. The factory one gets heat soaked particularly in the summer.

But the most important thing to do is to go out and enjoy your new Raptor!

Last edited:

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'll need forscan, it's really not hard. the dealer may be able to do it for you, but based on all of my experience thus far with dealerships they may look at you like you have seven heads if you were to request it.
Can you tell me more? I asked my dealer if they could disable this double honk. I'm thankful to be working with an awesome dealer that has already earned my business for many years to come! Anyway, when I asked them about double honk, they said the only way they knew to do this was through ForScan, and that didn't have any other tools available. Do you know of any way the dealer can do this in a Ford "approved" method, or is ForScan our only option?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you tell me more? I asked my dealer if they could disable this double honk. I'm thankful to be working with an awesome dealer that has already earned my business for many years to come! Anyway, when I asked them about double honk, they said the only way they knew to do this was through ForScan, and that didn't have any other tools available. Do you know of any way the dealer can do this in a Ford "approved" method, or is ForScan our only option?
Don’t be afraid of Forscan. The software is free and the tool you buy from Amazon. Here’s the thread that entails disabling the double honk and much much more.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t be afraid of Forscan. The software is free and the tool you buy from Amazon. Here’s the thread that entails disabling the double honk and much much more.

Greatly appreciated! You answered my next question (from a first-time ford owner and starting from scratch with ForScan). Hey, a Raptor is an appropriate first Ford, right? :D Out of curiosity though, the dealer doesn't have any tools on their end?

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greatly appreciated! You answered my next question (from a first-time ford owner and starting from scratch with ForScan). Hey, a Raptor is an appropriate first Ford, right? :D Out of curiosity though, the dealer doesn't have any tools on their end?
long story short, "lower" end brand dealers are terrible and generally couldn't care less about custom requests. you'll waste more time trying to get the dealer to do something (or do something properly) than figuring it out yourself or taking it to a specialty shop

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Greatly appreciated! You answered my next question (from a first-time ford owner and starting from scratch with ForScan). Hey, a Raptor is an appropriate first Ford, right? :D
No doubt!
Out of curiosity though, the dealer doesn't have any tools on their end?
Perhaps they do but I do doubt that a dealer will make such changes. They’ll prolly tell you it’s against company policy or something of the sort. Wouldn’t hurt to ask. Again, just my doubt.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No doubt!

Perhaps they do but I do doubt that a dealer will make such changes. They’ll prolly tell you it’s against company policy or something of the sort. Wouldn’t hurt to ask. Again, just my doubt.
Thanks! Exactly what I figured. Doesn't hurt to ask. This dealer is the best I've ever worked with and will definitely help me with whatever they can (it's a friend). But he doesn't know how to make the change without ForScan. I was hoping there was a technical guru here that might be able to tell me if the dealer has another tool available (that neither my dealer nor I know about).