Advancetrac icon does not flash when 4 Hi and Diff is locked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
for a guy from California you sure sound like a Texan

I only live here, was not born here or raised here and will vehemently fight to the death against the fruits and nuts that populate this forsaken land of el guapo, the conquistador of kicking ass and taking scalps.

B

Bojangles

I only live here, was not born here or raised here and will vehemently fight to the death against the fruits and nuts that populate this forsaken land of el guapo, the conquistador of kicking ass and taking scalps.

I dig the reference.... you Sir, are on the level.

guapo3B[1].jpg

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree about the display but you have to be kidding me about praising ford about the ability to allow disabling the traction control.

Almost every vehicle with TC has a button to defeat it.

The Dodge Viper doesn't even come with TC or StabilityControl and make the raptor almost pedestrian in regards to traction.

With the exception of the SRT line all (I believe) Mopars have permanent traction control... the button to defeat it does the same thing that it does in a raptor... it raises the limits. There is no option to actually turn the system off for the end user without using a programmer. This is a product of the MB marriage, as MB uses the same thought process on their non AMG cars (and even on some of them)... although in fairness to MB there is usually a back door along the lines of up, up, down, left thumb, triangle, square, triangle, circle, square, down, down, up... which is better than the Buggati which requires you to stop and insert a second key in a hidden slot in the door frame in order to disable its nannies.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
The reason you do not see it blink is because...as stupid as it sounds....there's already icon's being shown, like the diff lock and 4x4. As long as you hold it down long enough, it does turn it off, you just don't see it actually blink. I've tested this a few times with mine.....I usually put it in 4x4 first, then ORM then hold down TC, then you will see it it blink. However, the TC resets itself (the holding down part that is) when you go in and out of 4x4 believe it or not.......so if you hold down TC first and let it blink then put it in 4x4, you have to hold it in again. But for what you're describing, just hold it in for a good 10 sec. and try it and you'll see that it does infact still turn off. But remember that you have to hold it in again if you go back in or out of 4x4.

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason you do not see it blink is because...as stupid as it sounds....there's already icon's being shown, like the diff lock and 4x4. As long as you hold it down long enough, it does turn it off, you just don't see it actually blink. I've tested this a few times with mine.....I usually put it in 4x4 first, then ORM then hold down TC, then you will see it it blink. However, the TC resets itself (the holding down part that is) when you go in and out of 4x4 believe it or not.......so if you hold down TC first and let it blink then put it in 4x4, you have to hold it in again. But for what you're describing, just hold it in for a good 10 sec. and try it and you'll see that it does infact still turn off. But remember that you have to hold it in again if you go back in or out of 4x4.

This does not work for me. It does not turn off advancetrac when:

4hi off road mode and diff lock. Press advancetrac button. I've gone so far as duct taping the ******** button for 2 hours and it won't blink or turn off advancetrac!

Again the icon blinks fine with all other combos EXCEPT for when the diff is locked the truck is in 4 wheel drive, off road mode on and advancetrac is the LAST button I
press or hold down.

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for that "clarification"? Seriously, though, I was getting a trifle upset myself when we were at Silver Lake Sand Dunes last week. That stupid button caused me to NOT make my first three attempts up one of the "big hills" there, and to be quite honest, it was embarrassing! I mean when you roll into a place like that with a Raptor, all the chevy, gmc and ram guys just wait for something like that. I actually pulled out the stupid manual right there on the spot. It KIND of helped, but yeah, the display really DOES suck. On top of that, I had very low tire pressure (for the sand), which caused the tire pressure monitoring system to activate the low pressure indicator too! So here we are with low pressure, 4 x 4, diff lock and off road mode all toggling through on the display. Very frustrating when you're anxious to conquer a huge dune!!!!! Ford should offer a free (yes free) upgrade to fix this problem. I will remember the 10 second rule though. Thanks SOCO!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been complaining about the display since I got my Raptor! I'm hoping the 2011's will have the new display (forget what Ford calls it) and hopefully it will (most important) do a MUCH better job of indicating what mode you're in, what's on, what's off and what time dinner is (j/k about the dinner thing).

The only suggestion I can give you guys is practice and when all else fails turn it all off and start over again with the buttons.

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be nice if Ford issued a software flash upgrade to the display controller to resolve this stupid problem.