Advancetrac icon does not flash when 4 Hi and Diff is locked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to know why the AdvanceTRAC icon does not blink (like it does for all other modes) in this situation/configuration:

Shift truck to 4 Hi
Lock Differential
Hold down advancetrac button for it to blink and it does not ever blink denoting traction control is off.

I was told that an arcane combination of events needs to happen first (disable advancetrac BEFORE locking the diff)

Why?

I spent the first four outings in the desert with Advancetrac active (unintentionally) because I had my diff locked and the truck in 4 Hi and I assumed the traction control was off due to me holding the button down, but it never blinked.

Can this be fixed please in a future update available to curr

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Raptorguy21 had JDM write him a tune to permanently disable traction control. Hopefully he has better luck with the SCT tuners.:deadhorse::soapbox::banana::potstir:

B

Bojangles

Raptorguy21 had JDM write him a tune to permanently disable traction control. Hopefully he has better luck with the SCT tuners.:deadhorse::soapbox::banana::potstir:

I rode in it after the 1st (their tune) and 2nd tunes (his request to permanently disable TC) the 1st tune just felt better, there are still some kinks in the 2nd one to be worked out, but I'll let him explain all that. My job -which I'm currently failing at- is to post the video I shot.
Sounds like he may keep both tunes loaded in the tuner and use them over and over at different times when the situation calls for a change. (tune 1: street tune, tune 2: all day off-road days)

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford should fix this. I shouldn't have to remember that I need to press down button a before I do b or c when off roading. If the icon blinks in every other mode except when the diff is locked last then that is a user interface flaw.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Ford should fix this. I shouldn't have to remember that I need to press down button a before I do b or c when off roading. If the icon blinks in every other mode except when the diff is locked last then that is a user interface flaw.

yeah god forbid you would have to whip thru the desert AND think at the same time pffttt

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah god forbid you would have to whip thru the desert AND think at the same time pffttt

I'm complaining on behalf of my driver/chauffeur. Sheesh sometimes it feels like I am talking to myself with you. :)

I'm going to gut your cat and go fishing with it's entrails.

B

Bojangles

I'm complaining on behalf of my driver/chauffeur. Sheesh sometimes it feels like I am talking to myself with you. :)

I'm going to gut your cat and go fishing with it's entrails.

he's like a child that wanders in to the middle of a movie...........

B

Bojangles

then that makes you the Little League coach who insists on fitting the jock straps in a windowless supply shed.

are you trying to say that you're the little boy who needs a little "extra" attention from Ol' Coach??

...If this is a cry for help, we're here for you!