Advancetrac icon does not flash when 4 Hi and Diff is locked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been complaining about the display since I got my Raptor! I'm hoping the 2011's will have the new display (forget what Ford calls it) and hopefully it will (most important) do a MUCH better job of indicating what mode you're in, what's on, what's off and what time dinner is (j/k about the dinner thing)
Hopefully putting the new display in the 2010s is as easy as putting a HUD in a non-HUD vette. I plan on putting the new display in my truck I really think that we should have gotten that before the 2011 SD.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I heard from a reliable source (gawd I hate saying that but it's the best I can do) that the displays are not interchangeable. Apparently the wiring harness is completely different :(

I hope I'm wrong.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I heard from a reliable source (gawd I hate saying that but it's the best I can do) that the displays are not interchangeable. Apparently the wiring harness is completely different :(

I hope I'm wrong.
Thats the same with the HUD on vettes. You have to add the wiring harness.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This does not work for me. It does not turn off advancetrac when:

4hi off road mode and diff lock. Press advancetrac button. I've gone so far as duct taping the ******** button for 2 hours and it won't blink or turn off advancetrac!

Again the icon blinks fine with all other combos EXCEPT for when the diff is locked the truck is in 4 wheel drive, off road mode on and advancetrac is the LAST button I
press or hold down.
just went out and played a bit and I can replicate Tim's results; no blink when the diff is locked.

But... There's a pretty easy work around: 4x4->ORM->Advancetrack for 10sec to get the flash->lock the rear.

Everything seems to work as expected when that order is followed. Tim does that work for you??

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4x4->ORM->Advancetrack for 10sec to get the flash->lock the rear

4x4 --> ORM --> HOLD Advancetrac for 10sec to get the flash --> Lock the rear

Write it down

Write-down-your-notes-by-Federica-Atechtnefott.jpg

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4x4 --> ORM --> HOLD Advancetrac for 10sec to get the flash --> Lock the rear

Write it down

Write-down-your-notes-by-Federica-Atechtnefott.jpg

Hey big ass blue font guy. Re read the thread title and my posts. :)

Nowhere did I say I did NOT know how to get this to work, only that it didn't work the way it works in every other mode I use.

Is the combination you referenced in the manual, or the raptor supplement? (rhetorical)

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You talking to me or to Jason or both? I merely posted his response in "big ass blue font". And he ASKED you if that would work for you.

MMDsAvatar01.jpgMMDsAvatar01.jpgMMDsAvatar01.jpg

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You talking to me or to Jason or both? I merely posted his response in "big ass blue font". And he ASKED you if that would work for you.

MMDsAvatar01.jpgMMDsAvatar01.jpgMMDsAvatar01.jpg

Did you electrocute yourself when you installed your LED's? :potstir: