Advancetrac icon does not flash when 4 Hi and Diff is locked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
are you trying to say that you're the little boy who needs a little "extra" attention from Ol' Coach??

...If this is a cry for help, we're here for you!

Mighty ****** is here to stick his 6.2 where the sun don't shine.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MMD <-- trying to take this thread back to the original topic...

The fact that Ford allows us to turn off traction control is a surprisingly good thing in these days of too many lawyers and not enough money.

My frustration with the system that Ford provided is the awful display which, hopefully, will be dramatically improved with the next generation IP display. Why was it so difficult for Ford to have a display that tells you at a glance specifically whether Off-Road Mode is on or off, Advancetrac is off some or off all?!

C'mon Ford. Sophisticated displays have been around for years. We only need some idiot lights that stay on to indicate the status.

B

Bojangles

Mighty ****** is here to stick his 6.2 where the sun don't shine.

my parole officer says that I'm not supposed to respond to online advances like this from minors anymore.:shakehead:

not that I care what he thinks, I'm just afraid of that guy from Dateline NBC bursting in and telling me to "have a seat"

B

Bojangles

c'mon ford. Sophisticated displays have been around for years. We only need some idiot lights that stay on to indicate the status.

yes!!!! ....but my main gripe is also the traction control process.
Cool, but cumbersome.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
my parole officer says that I'm not supposed to respond to online advances like this from minors anymore.:shakehead:

not that I care what he thinks, I'm just afraid of that guy from Dateline NBC bursting in and telling me to "have a seat"

chrishansen.gif

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MMD <-- trying to take this thread back to the original topic...

The fact that Ford allows us to turn off traction control is a surprisingly good thing in these days of too many lawyers and not enough money.

My frustration with the system that Ford provided is the awful display which, hopefully, will be dramatically improved with the next generation IP display. Why was it so difficult for Ford to have a display that tells you at a glance specifically whether Off-Road Mode is on or off, Advancetrac is off some or off all?!

C'mon Ford. Sophisticated displays have been around for years. We only need some idiot lights that stay on to indicate the status.

I agree about the display but you have to be kidding me about praising ford about the ability to allow disabling the traction control.

Almost every vehicle with TC has a button to defeat it.

The Dodge Viper doesn't even come with TC or StabilityControl and make the raptor almost pedestrian in regards to traction.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i think you guys are looking at this backwards. TC and SC are features you don't need- until you need them. the fact that you can disable them is no big deal but it really shouldn't be so easy that someone could inadvertently disable them by mistake. the problem lies in the display. you can't sit there like oh, did it blink, what's the light mean. agree the display should be more definitive.

B

Bojangles

i think you guys are looking at this backwards. TC and SC are features you don't need- until you need them. the fact that you can disable them is no big deal but it really shouldn't be so easy that someone could inadvertently disable them by mistake.

Not all of us are blasting the Sirius Disco channel and sashay-ing about the cockpit when we're driving, Bird.
(Street Queen)

the problem lies in the display. you can't sit there like oh, did it blink, what's the light mean. agree the display should be more definitive.

we're Americans, we're lazy, and we like hassle free.... can you hear us Ford?

*shakes stick

holding the button every time is the worst, but I agree the display could definitely be improved upon by just simply listing the combinations of which modes you're currently in all at the same time rather than scrolling, blinking, etc.

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think you guys are looking at this backwards. TC and SC are features you don't need- until you need them. the fact that you can disable them is no big deal but it really shouldn't be so easy that someone could inadvertently disable them by mistake. the problem lies in the display. you can't sit there like oh, did it blink, what's the light mean. agree the display should be more definitive.

Traction control = my right foot.

Both are nanny aids just like affirmative action and ******.