$8,000 on mods. HELP me choose!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DigDugVlrptr

Reaction score
Nice 1.jpg Some ideas from my profile pic include: upgraded Addictive Dessert Designs front bumper, a lot of Rigid lights (you can never have too many lights!), custom powder coating (in case you run into someone who bought upgrades like I did, you got to one-up them and make it your own style anyways LOL!) intercooler, custom relay module with dozens of strobing light patterns for the get the f*%K out of my way lights, oh did I mention Rigid industry Radiance back lighting custom lights? I am more than a few miles away from the desert, being in Florida and all, so This pavement princess doesn't see any Baja-ing..

Last edited:

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So heres what I have learned if you go the off road route, which is the route Im taking. Take it with a grain of salt and not gospel, just stuff Ive learned.

1. Bump stops (read about bent frames)
2. Icon or Deaver rear springs
3. cheaper - SVC or RPG leveling collar up front
4. medium Geiser or Eibacj springs
5. top - Fox or King coils for front.
6. cam locks or slot deletes for LCA's
7. bed tire mounts (tons to choose from)
8. Pro-Eagle jack n mount
9. ARB on board compressor or fill tank
10. lighting
11. Ipad mount for LeadNav
12. 2 way radio (PCI or Rugged)

What I have found is my truck is wayyyyy faster then the suspension can handle so I will be doing performance upgrades last once all the suspension is done. There are some huge advantages to tune, especially in smooth power delivery and trans tuning.

I have done all but a few of the above listed stuff, and all my concentration next will be in engine and trans cooling first.

If you want performance the first thing I would suggest is taking the 37's off...lol.. J/K the truck looks killer, but I cant do that or Ill have no more fenders.

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of good advice here.

Assuming you already have the basics, I would get the engine setup (catch can, intercooler, intake, Cobb tuner), address cooling (tranny cooler, radiator) and lighting (A-pillar mount BD’s).

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
To be clear, I was joking about putting on the factory graphics and rigid lights. If it was me, and warranty is off the table, I would dump the money into go-fast motor stuff. That would suit my wants anyway. I love the way the truck rides stock. I am rarely bouncing off the bump stops though.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So heres what I have learned if you go the off road route, which is the route Im taking. Take it with a grain of salt and not gospel, just stuff Ive learned.

1. Bump stops (read about bent frames)
2. Icon or Deaver rear springs
3. cheaper - SVC or RPG leveling collar up front
4. medium Geiser or Eibacj springs
5. top - Fox or King coils for front.
6. cam locks or slot deletes for LCA's
7. bed tire mounts (tons to choose from)
8. Pro-Eagle jack n mount
9. ARB on board compressor or fill tank
10. lighting
11. Ipad mount for LeadNav
12. 2 way radio (PCI or Rugged)

What I have found is my truck is wayyyyy faster then the suspension can handle so I will be doing performance upgrades last once all the suspension is done. There are some huge advantages to tune, especially in smooth power delivery and trans tuning.

I have done all but a few of the above listed stuff, and all my concentration next will be in engine and trans cooling first.

If you want performance the first thing I would suggest is taking the 37's off...lol.. J/K the truck looks killer, but I cant do that or Ill have no more fenders.

Your truck is faster than the stock suspension can handle?...LMAO...So your faster than the guys that ran the Baja 1000 then drove it home? Those Ford engineers that made a truck that could run the Baja 1k stock must not have known what they were doing...it's a good thing aftermarket is here to save us from our stock trucks that came with suspension that we paid wayyyy up for that can't keep up with non professional drivers.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck is faster than the stock suspension can handle?...LMAO...So your faster than the guys that ran the Baja 1000 then drove it home? Those Ford engineers that made a truck that could run the Baja 1k stock must not have known what they were doing...it's a good thing aftermarket is here to save us from our stock trucks that came with suspension that we paid wayyyy up for that can't keep up with non professional drivers.

Dude are you new... By your logic, every race car driver just gets in the car and floors it... You think the guys that ran the semi stock truck in the Baja pinned it the whole way.... The truck would have snapped in 2. My truck can do over 100 mph.. There is no fucken way I would trust my stock suspension at that speed in the rough desert. Apparently you've never raced before with a statement like that. Heres a lesson for you, go to google and research bent frame on stock Ford Raptor runs.. Ask those guys how speed and stock suspension worked out for them...lol.. A slower desert race car with the best suspension will always woop on a fast motor with chit suspension. Ive seen plenty of that happen in desert racing where a perfect set up lower class vehicle woops ass on a faster chit set up car or truck.

Last edited: