$8,000 on mods. HELP me choose!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8 grand huh
And this is the raptor that won Baja (almost) completely stock and then drove 400 miles home.
This is the desert racer, Pre runner that’s also a great all around truck that thinks it’s a sports car.
So no disrespect speed racer but—
Get a Yamaha quad raptor and cheap dual sport 8 grand gone.
Ps:Only a horse better off road

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First and foremost, take a month and put some road miles on it and try and get out in the dirt to the level of off-roading you plan on doing. Keep track of things you would like to be better/different. Then plan each mod around improving the truck to what you want. Nothing worse then running out and dropping big cash on mods then regretting the thing you changed. I went with tune and performance first because my rig is my daily and I haven’t increased my driving skills to out drive the stock suspension off-road yet. When I do then I’ll spend the cash on Stage 4 Icon setup. And remember, threads like this are dangerous, “opinions are like ********, everyone’s got one. Don’t worry about other people’s ********... unless your into that sorta thing... then you do you.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Halo and realjones is dead on the button. It's all depends on what is your intension is and what are you going to do with your truck that dictate what you're going to install on your truck. I also have a 2017 Screw. I installed fog and drivings lights in the stock bumper opening and a 40" curve light bar on top of the bumper. I can't justify spending $4000+ for front and rear bumpers unless you need the approach and departing angle when you go off road. Also they weight more then stock. I also install the Cobb stage 2 tune with FMIC and love it. Got a bed cover, custom bed rack for my RTT and gears. might install a Deaver +3 later if i needed for the extra weights I am putting on the bed. The stock suspension and tires works just fine for my kind of driving and sometime playing in the mud. You need to put a plan together yourself and ask if it works for your intended purpose.