$8,000 on mods. HELP me choose!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you just got $8k burning a hole in your pocket. I’d spend it all on lottery tickets.

OP
OP
Future_Raptor

Future_Raptor

Reaction score
First and foremost, take a month and put some road miles on it and try and get out in the dirt to the level of off-roading you plan on doing. Keep track of things you would like to be better/different. Then plan each mod around improving the truck to what you want. Nothing worse then running out and dropping big cash on mods then regretting the thing you changed. I went with tune and performance first because my rig is my daily and I haven’t increased my driving skills to out drive the stock suspension off-road yet. When I do then I’ll spend the cash on Stage 4 Icon setup. And remember, threads like this are dangerous, “opinions are like ********, everyone’s got one. Don’t worry about other people’s ********... unless your into that sorta thing... then you do you.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said! I have 42,000 miles on the truck and I’m ready for positive change! I always do me :)

T

teeoster

The best thing I did so far was ceramic coating. Unbelievable stuff, like a super good wax job on steroids. I found a local guy that does it out his garage....he had it for 3 days. Clay bar, rubbed out minor scratches, and did the application that set overnight. Best $600 I spent so far.20191016_074238.jpg

OP
OP
Future_Raptor

Future_Raptor

Reaction score
8 grand huh
And this is the raptor that won Baja (almost) completely stock and then drove 400 miles home.
This is the desert racer, Pre runner that’s also a great all around truck that thinks it’s a sports car.
So no disrespect speed racer but—
Get a Yamaha quad raptor and cheap dual sport 8 grand gone.
Ps:Only a horse better off road

Ya drove the Baja stock and drove everyone home after... i don’t want another speed racer toy. That’s why I got the truck. I’ll watch born in Baja again

Palmetto_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The holes under your headlights need a Baja Designs Unlimited Fog Light. I love mine. Aim the S2 Pros down a little and you can use them driving lights. The S2's take care of the problem of the Raptor not having driving lights and you'll be amazed how much better you see up close at night. And the Squad Pro combo and Squad Racer spots will turn everything within about 100 yards to daylight at night. About $1300.00. Swap out the Squad Pro white lens for amber and
put it on and the racers on a separate switch.

Terry cloth console cover for about $20

Under the back seat storage bin. About $250

Husky mud flaps. About $100

Some Baja Designs S1 backup lights. About $250

Maybe a nice low profile toolbox in the back to hold a More Power Pullers 3-ton winch with Amsteel blue rope on it. About $350

Husky front floor mats. About $120

White LED bulbs for license plate lights. About $25

This should get rid of about $2500

2017-Raptor-FPK2L.jpg