4A mode: Pulls way to hard to the right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

970rap

Reaction score
I had this EXACT problem. In 4A it would try and drive itself off the road under acceleration. Check your tires. I had recently put on a new set of KO2s, and after careful inspection realized they installed 2 load range C (which is what I purchased) and 2 load range E, 1 each per side. The Es looks exactly the same but are heavier, and seemed to be what caused the pulling. Replaced the tires with a new set and everything was back to normal. Hopefully this saves you 6 weeks at the dealership getting the front diff rebuilt, only to have it pull to the other side afterwards and then being told "we don't know".

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked all four tires; each is same load rating. This issue was evident on the previous set of tires also.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sensitive to the way a car acts under inputs. Just a product of driving on the track, you are hyper sensitive to feelings. I too feel a 4a tug when it engages during acceleration and slip. I do not drive in 4A in snow specifically because there were times you would be accelerating and 4A would kick in and you could feel the tug. I would not call it course correcting but it is there a noticeable.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the others said, it may be your tires. I had this issue when the body shop idiots replaced one tire only after an accident where I was rear ended. Kept pulling in the direction of the new tire until I replaced all four tires, then was back to normal.