4A/4H pulls to the left when accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine doesn’t pull like that either. I used 4A today and pulls straight. Do you have traction control off? As mentioned above it’s torque steer but driving straight with traction shouldn’t be torque steering. Atleast I don’t think anyway...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine doesn’t pull like that either. I used 4A today and pulls straight. Do you have traction control off? As mentioned above it’s torque steer but driving straight with traction shouldn’t be torque steering. Atleast I don’t think anyway...

Do you have the front Torsen option?

I wouldn’t call it a pull, but you can definitely feel the torque distribution between sides under acceleration in 4A.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have the front Torsen option?

I wouldn’t call it a pull, but you can definitely feel the torque distribution between sides under acceleration in 4A.

Yes, I have the Torsen. I agree with you on the “feel”. I can feel mine but doesn’t pull me into the other lane like the video posted.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
From the angle in the video, it looks like the left side is right near or on the centerline of the road. ALL roads have a crown at the middle for water drainage. With ANY LSD in the front of ANY vehicle, if both front tires are not on the same literally flat surface at 180deg (flat, horizontal) angle, it WILL pull slightly to the high side due to the angled load across the wheels. This one looks normal to me. If it is a strong pull that continues to grow quickly, then maybe a IWE drive problem.

If you wait for a clear road and let it pull across the centerline, it will likely start to return (pull right slightly)as the right front nears the centerline...

OP
OP
970rap

970rap

Reaction score
I’ll try it on a road with no clear crown, but this happened the other day every single time whether or not TC was on. It was a hard and immediate pull to the left every time that would result in a lane change if the wheel isn’t actively corrected to the right. It was so apparent, which is why I wondered if it was abnormal because I feel like I would have noticed this before now.

I have noticed heavier steering before while in 4A, especially while turning. I have not noticed the wheel moving itself to the left while going straight. I did get new tires (KO2s) a month ago, but can’t see how a tire could be “bad” in a way that would cause this.

Last edited:

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the wheel is even slightly turned to one direction or the other & you hammer in 4A it’ll pull hard whatever direction it was tilted to....

did you inspect the axle seals look for any weeping?

OP
OP
970rap

970rap

Reaction score
Tried this again on what I perceived to be a completely flat road, in both lanes and in the middle, with and without traction control on, and in normal, sport, and weather modes. While in 4A and tracking straight the wheel forcible turns itself to the left consistent with the amount of power being directed to the front wheels (as displayed by the power distribution meter). This happens when trying accelerate somewhat quickly and goes away completely and immediately with only light throttle (because power is no longer directed to the front). Under moderate acceleration I have to squeeze the wheel very hard and apply pressure to the right to track straight. Without direction back to the right the truck will change lanes quickly and will continue to run itself off the road. The moment you let off the gas you have to remove pressure from the wheel, which often causes some jerk to the right since the pressure pushing to the left goes away. I could not produce any sort of effect to the right. Again, I understand some heaviness/movement in 4A while giving it gas and turning, but this is when aiming straight ahead and hands off the wheel.

I am not the most mechanically inclined but can take a look tomorrow.

James Min

Reaction score
Tried this again on what I perceived to be a completely flat road, in both lanes and in the middle, with and without traction control on, and in normal, sport, and weather modes. While in 4A and tracking straight the wheel forcible turns itself to the left consistent with the amount of power being directed to the front wheels (as displayed by the power distribution meter). This happens when trying accelerate somewhat quickly and goes away completely and immediately with only light throttle (because power is no longer directed to the front). Under moderate acceleration I have to squeeze the wheel very hard and apply pressure to the right to track straight. Without direction back to the right the truck will change lanes quickly and will continue to run itself off the road. The moment you let off the gas you have to remove pressure from the wheel, which often causes some jerk to the right since the pressure pushing to the left goes away. I could not produce any sort of effect to the right. Again, I understand some heaviness/movement in 4A while giving it gas and turning, but this is when aiming straight ahead and hands off the wheel.

I am not the most mechanically inclined but can take a look tomorrow.
could you please keep this post updated. my truck is 2019 and is doing the exact same thing but towards right. i thought it was torsen at first but like it just doesn’t make sense thag it pulls that dramatically to one side even if it isn’t slipping