4 wheel drive or sport mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will it stay in Baja mode if you do that tho? Doesn’t it lock the diff(s) in Baja mode & you can’t lock only rear diff in 2wd it seems

Yes it works.

My favorite mode is:

-Switch to baja mode
-Switch to 2wd (which in the process opens the rear diff, which sucks)
-Switch to comfort steering
-hold the traction button until advance trac is off
-manual mode on the tranny

HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS

Last edited:

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for the maybe stupid question, but my understanding is that baja mode holds the revs up (which from experience I know it does) so why after putting it in baja mode would you select manual mode on the tranny. What else does baja mode do to help acceleration?

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I'm running off road (not just going down some dirt road) I always shift manually....It allows ME to make sure I'm in the gear and RPM that I want, not what the truck thinks I need...

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it works.

My favorite mode is:

-Switch to baja mode
-Switch to 2wd (which in the process opens the rear diff, which sucks)
-Switch to comfort steering
-hold the traction button until advance trac is off
-manual mode on the tranny

HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS
I'm going to have to try this configuration and see how quick I can take off. Here's a stupid question........ If you're holding on to your butt, how can you steer and shift when in manual mode............ ;)

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to have to try this configuration and see how quick I can take off. Here's a stupid question........ If you're holding on to your butt, how can you steer and shift when in manual mode............ ;)

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're holding on to your butt, how can you steer and shift when in manual mode............

Ha...ha.....all my other trucks had console shifters so kind of use to driving with my left hand and shifting with my right...adapted real quick to the Raptor's toggle on the shifter and works very well for me....And of course I started using the paddle shifters and now they are my main off road shifter....

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for the maybe stupid question, but my understanding is that baja mode holds the revs up (which from experience I know it does) so why after putting it in baja mode would you select manual mode on the tranny. What else does baja mode do to help acceleration?

Firm shifts and antilag