24 Sport Mode engaging 4wd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ashleyg

Reaction score
Just picked up my 24 R…. When I switch to sport mode it engages 4 wheel drive automatically.
Anyone see this before? My 21 Raptor stays in 2nd.

cheek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you have to do is while in sport push 2nd then save that for your R setting.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
V8 has more power and has to use all 4 tires to put torque on ground. V6 doesn’t and uses 2wd to reduce powertrain loss. 4A on dry road is totally fine as long as you don’t go super tight turn.

Unless at stop light I will use 2wd on R for sport mode. 4A has tons of torque steering due to missing torsen front diff.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
V8 has more power and has to use all 4 tires to put torque on ground. V6 doesn’t and uses 2wd to reduce powertrain loss. 4A on dry road is totally fine as long as you don’t go super tight turn.

Unless at stop light I will use 2wd on R for sport mode. 4A has tons of torque steering due to missing torsen front diff.
I believe the Torsen produced the torque steer…

cr23raptor1983

Reaction score
Just picked up my 24 R…. When I switch to sport mode it engages 4 wheel drive automatically.
Anyone see this before? My 21 Raptor stays in 2nd.
Mine did this as well. Until about 25 miles into the odometer- it stayed in 2wd when going to sport mode.. weird I know, jas worked fine ever since (truck has 3,800ish miles).