Shifting manual mode. Rev limiter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
i suspect shortshifting around 5k rpm is faster than letting it rev out given that HP and TQ starts to fall off past 5k
That’s what I do when I’m going in a perfectly straight line. Otherwise, I need to let the truck decide in sport mode, because 1st gear is gone in a flash, even 2nd you have to be on it to get the shift just right.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm glad my paddle shifters shift immediately. No hesitation.
You can make the transmission lag behind by short up shifting at light throttle. But I have to try to make this happen. If it’s more than ... IDK 3% throttle? it’s quick. And, I do use the shifter buttons once in a while too.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maaaannnn.... a week after I bought this thing I hit the revvy on accident. I was at a toll booth and had to lean way out to get to the pay box (so I put the truck in park). Paid, threw it in gear and mashed it :burnout: I put in manual mode...... by the time my little monkey brain processed "Hmmm, this thing is scootin! But it should probably be shifti-...." BAM! Rev limiter hit, truck lurched and all kinds of crazy noises were happening. I think I may have pooped 'em a little :dancingpoop:

Drove like a grandpa the rest of the way home. Lol

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I will say that in first gear you have to be ready to shift almost immediately when flooring it.

Ask me how I know, LOL! > rev. limiter.

I was racing my brother's 6.4 Challenger scatpack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter