Sport Mode - 4 wheel Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, is there a way to enable Sport mode without having the transmission shift into 4A?

Once it's in Sport mode you can manually switch it back to 2vwheel drive but just wondering if there is a way to switch into sport mode without 4A engaging.

I would assume if it's in Sport mode and 4A is engaged that the front tires would engage if the rear lose traction and would likely be hard on the drivetrain if on asphalt when that happens.

Looking forward to you comments and experience.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Mine stays in 2 H as well. I have never had it go into 4A without warning. Try what he said above with your R button.

OP
OP
V

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will try that.

Is yours an R?

I had 2 raptors prior to this, a 2018, and a 2022 and I don't recall it going into 4A either. But I just got this 2023 Raptor R and it's one of the first things I noticed.

I wonder if it's something different in the programming for the R????

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will try that.

Is yours an R?

I had 2 raptors prior to this, a 2018, and a 2022 and I don't recall it going into 4A either. But I just got this 2023 Raptor R and it's one of the first things I noticed.

I wonder if it's something different in the programming for the R????
No. Mine is not an R. The title and the description didn't say yours was an R nor was this posted in the R forum so assumed it was the 3.5.

R's use 4A with sport.