Avoiding theft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I just watched a video on YouTube of a guy bypassing that in 30 seconds. I was ready to buy until I seen that video and now I’m stuck again
The installers have a new way to do things that could stop that or at least make it take a significant amount of time. They installed mine the other day. I saw it too and had that conversation with the installers. There just isn’t anything better at the moment.

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are working on the 24’s, they will be scanned in June I believe. Compustar will be awhile unfortunately. Alarm/remote start companies are always slow to the game. Sure ravelco is a viable deterrent but thats it. It will still be effective against a large majority of these pos that are stealing them but not ones that have been bypassing them over the years.
Are you with igla? A local installer said it would take a while to get going. And I wasn’t prepared to wait with nothing. Maybe I’ll add that system on top when it comes out. Certainly can’t hurt. I’m just trying to protect the truck. Nothing is 100% and never will be. But anything is better than nothing

Aird_outSRT

Reaction score
The installers have a new way to do things that could stop that or at least make it take a significant amount of time. They installed mine the other day. I saw it too and had that conversation with the installers. There just isn’t anything better at the moment.
Unfortunately the flaw is the ravelco itself, there is no “installing it better or different”, they know this

Aird_outSRT

Reaction score
So I just watched a video on YouTube of a guy bypassing that in 30 seconds. I was ready to buy until I seen that video and now I’m stuck again
If you have a 24 then go for it, won’t hurt to have that layer of deterrent (its actually less than half that time to bypass it, we didn’t want to make that video and yes the people stealing them already know how so our videos changed nothing) If you have a model year other than a 24 the IGLA is what you need

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cameras. I have 3 on the front of my house. 4 in the lot at work. Whenever I park it when I'm out or about its never for too long. Only place i park it every month for a week to 2 at a time is the airport here in Boise. but that gated and patrolled.

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the flaw is the ravelco itself, there is no “installing it better or different”, they know this
I’m not expert and so I can’t say I know much but from what I saw online and what I was told by the installers and how they now do things-it seems pretty much fine. Certainly makes sense to me. But what is wrong with the product? I feel like I’m missing something. Yes it’s a fancy kill switch. Yes it’s expensive for what it is. But I know it’s not perfect. Nothing is. How is a basic kill switch better? How is nothing better? You make it sound like the ravelco is the devil. Lol

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a 24 then go for it, won’t hurt to have that layer of deterrent (its actually less than half that time to bypass it, we didn’t want to make that video and yes the people stealing them already know how so our videos changed nothing) If you have a model year other than a 24 the IGLA is what you need
Are you the guy who made those ravelco videos online with the trx? Because if so that was lame as hell to doxx everyone that had it. Whoever that guy is really sucks.

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cameras. I have 3 on the front of my house. 4 in the lot at work. Whenever I park it when I'm out or about its never for too long. Only place i park it every month for a week to 2 at a time is the airport here in Boise. but that gated and patrolled.
Camera are everywhere at home. No concerns there. But I travel with the truck and that’s the concern really.