Avoiding theft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aird_outSRT

Reaction score
I seem to remember the wires behind the cap are (were?) inside armored cable? How can you test for a ground wire when all the wires are bundled together? Does the armored cable end before it goes through the firewall? Would you need to open the hood to locate the wires?
You do it where the cap plugs in.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I reread your post and figured out that's what you are referring to. It's easier to mimic the connection at the cap then mess with anything else. So a custom lockable cover over the cap, (or relocating the cap to another hidden location), is next.

Aird_outSRT

Reaction score
I reread your post and figured out that's what you are referring to. It's easier to mimic the connection at the cap then mess with anything else. So a custom lockable cover over the cap, (or relocating the cap to another hidden location), is next.
Unfortunately no, they will just delete your keys/make a new one and go on to the next method of bypassing it.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no, they will just delete your keys/make a new one and go on to the next method of bypassing it.

What anti theft do you recommend? Im assuming you are involved with some deterrent, as most people arent in the business of posting online material that could be used to steal others vehicles. I call BS on altruism.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea you could easily have the Ravelco installed inside of the center console or glove box. They would never even know it was there.

Aird_outSRT

Reaction score
What anti theft do you recommend? Im assuming you are involved with some deterrent, as most people arent in the business of posting online material that could be used to steal others vehicles. I call BS on altruism.
I recommend the best one out, totally hidden inside of one of your existing harnesses and is a can bus immobilizer. On some makes and models (ford soon) it also blocks the ability to delete and make new key fobs. Igg paired with a compustar/dronemobile setup it makes it a nice layered security setup.
The “material” I post is out there, this isn’t something new. The second method I found is far faster and hasn’t been posted for a reason. The method we did post was in response to some individuals and ravelco saying its impossible… its actually very easy to do.