2nd Gen Raptor Resale Value after TRX Release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Here's the thing though - Dodge didn't really do much but shove a big heavy 700HP V8. In every other aspect they seemed to copy the existing raptor.

You’re not wrong. This just gives Ford a “hold my beer” moment if they want it. They have a Supercharged V8 from the Mustang they could stuff into the truck if they want to, and they could continue to offer the EcoPoop as well.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’re not wrong. This just gives Ford a “hold my beer” moment if they want it. They have a Supercharged V8 from the Mustang they could stuff into the truck if they want to, and they could continue to offer the EcoPoop as well.
Personally I really like the TT3.5, call me crazy. I really feel like Dodge was like, "lets match everything the gen 2 has, travel, angles, fording etc, and then we'll throw our hellcat in there and we win! Wrong. The truck is like 700lbs heavier and I think it's pretty ugly. Anyhow, If I could have my wish in a gen 3 raptor it would be a 550 - 650 HP EcoBoost hybrid and 800ft lbs of torque. That is pretty much all ford needs to best the boat anchor hemi in terms of speed.

Frank R

Reaction score
I'm really digging the TRX interior and IMO it looks way better than my '19. Exterior wise... meh.. Sure the TRX has a lot more power but is no one going to mention that it also weighs almost 1000 lbs more than a Gen2?

Agree with you on interior, and it also takes 6100 rpm to get the power, it does have rookie launch control, but I will test the 1st one I see with my "tweaked" 19

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree, there is going to be some pressure on Raptor pricing, both new and used. Suddenly, Ford's strategy of moving toward small displacement turbo engines will now begin to impact sales for the first time. Buyers had no real alternative in the segment, V8 or otherwise. Not only is there now a credible competitor on the horizon, but it has the 'correct' engine in a lot of people's eyes.

you people are delusional.....anyone with a brain looks past # of cylinders....the truck performs perfectly awesome as is.....

yes..it is ready to evolve after 4 years....but as discussed countless times here....the 17-20 raptor with its v6 outperforms the 1st gen raptor in every category. V8's are 20 years in the past....i want for to continue to innovate...not go backwards

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
0-60 in 4.5s and maybe 4.0 or faster tuned, is pretty quick for a big truck. But this truck won’t be champ for too long. Technology will surely eat it up, between hybrids and the electric trucks coming. 4 second range will be mid level.

In the dirt is the difference that pronounced? Weight means a lot! Ford has gained a lot over the years by shedding it. Will the new Raptor have to be all that power wise to be better off-road? Or just a little more?

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
0-60 in 4.5s and maybe 4.0 or faster tuned, is pretty quick for a big truck. But this truck won’t be champ for too long. Technology will surely eat it up, between hybrids and the electric trucks coming. 4 second range will be mid level.

In the dirt is the difference that pronounced? Weight means a lot! Ford has gained a lot over the years by shedding it. Will the new Raptor have to be all that power wise to be better off-road? Or just a little more?

The Rap is basically fine where it is. More I am sure is on tap, but they aren't chasing Fiat. Fiat is still chasing them.