2024 Markup…?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin Elkins

Reaction score
Dealership called and offered me one of two of their orders. They’re saying $45k markup.

Mark up is gross and paid $20k markup for my 2022 37pp, so not necessarily against it paying markup if I want it bad enough.

What’s our thought? Should I pull the trigger? Can I get a better deal elsewhere?

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People with more money than smarts others. There are a lot of them out there.

FIFY. For people with 150k burning a hole in their pocket, the value proposition is much different than someone financing 100% of the purchase. If someone is financing as the only way to swing the purchase, then agreed, not smart at all. If someone wipes their a$$ with Benjamins, then ADM is a fairly small hurdle in the way of buying what they want...

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FIFY. For people with 150k burning a hole in their pocket, the value proposition is much different than someone financing 100% of the purchase. If someone is financing as the only way to swing the purchase, then agreed, not smart at all. If someone wipes their a$$ with Benjamins, then ADM is a fairly small hurdle in the way of buying what they want...
I did say they have more money than smarts. LOL I understand the dynamics. they want the (insert item) Truck willing to pay way more than they should. They Don't care they got the money.. It doesn't make it smart IMO.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you paid $20k markup for my 2022 37pp, have at it. Why Shouldn’t you pay that much markup for a R? It is so much better than the truck you over paid for already.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I tend to agree, but those folks probably wouldn't make a post asking if it's a deal either.