New 2022 Raptor Ex Ford Salesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prestonwb

Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Preston and ever since I started working at ford as a salesman top in my dealership I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a raptor. I called about 150 dealers to find an order at MSRP. It was not easy. I am going for Atlas Blue Metallic with Blue Interior Package, 35's and 801A High. NO Moonroof or Tailgate package or 2kw bed. I know I know I'm crazy. Moonroofs are a pain and I would barely use the useless generator, 2.3k for a tailgate step and power tailgate doesn't sound useful. I do have a question, I opted out of the exterior graphics does anyone have a picture of atlas blue metallic with the graphics? I'm on the fence whether it will look cool or not. I am starting to want it, but I have seen that rappy graphics has stuff, just not much for the 2022. Any advice would be appreciated as I haven't seen it in person yet. As we all know 2022 orders are so difficult to come by to even see, the orange on it just doesn't look right. Fords website sucks at colors though, I know from experience.

Having used WBDO Ford's Dealership ordering software for about 6 months I may be able to answer some of your questions about allocation, priority code etc.

I understand currently the Blue Interior package with the Recaro seats is very limited availability, if you want your truck faster I would opt out of that option. I really love the recaro seats, but I am told that if you goto the gym alot they accumulate sweat which is what I do not want. I'm a bodybuilder so it is a big deal to me. Any one who has Recaro seats please chime in! Seeing as how it comes with the carbon fiber package it's a nice bonus. However since Blue interior is limited I may just opt out anyway to get the truck faster. Carbon fiber is also limited from what I am told, so I may opt out from that as well, definitely worth 995$ though. I've seen super duties take as little as 2 months to build in the pandemic and F-150s to take 6 months to even get a vin. All depends on what packages you put on the truck.

Sorry for the long post, please help me to decide! I'm praying this thing gets built in 6 months!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! So if a Ford dealership salesman can’t find a truck, who can? Lol

I hear ya about removing certain features and options to get the truck faster. Hey if you know exactly what you want and don’t want great. But if you wanted a truck more loaded up and willing to spend for it, then why buy a stripped down Raptor if that’s not what someone truly wanted.

Anyway I was at a local dealer for a battery, and they actually had 6 new F-150’s on the lot. Maybe some were customer orders and almost couldn't believe it. 2 used 2018 Raptors at 65k miles and selling for what mine was new lol. Was at another local dealer go just got in one Raptor after a long while and was selling for 103k(20k ADM).

Hope you get the truck soon enough and I stay away from Suede and soft seat materials that absorb body oils and sweat if your in and out of it grimey a lot. Or use a towel on it for the ride home. The leather is otherwise durable and protectable very easily.

Don’t skip leg day bro!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#ForNowSameNumberofprius

You’re right to omit the moon roof and SUPER expensive, overpriced tail gate step. The Jen Too step was a bargain, what Ford did here was shameful.

Honestly, I can go either way on graphics but there’s something to be said for the straight paint with no stickers.

I don’t dig on that blue interior, hard pass for me. It may look ok now, but 10 years from now, it won’t.

OP
OP
P

Prestonwb

Reaction score
Thanks all for the warm welcome, no I unfortunately do not have a prius :D, I drive a tricked out 2021 Ranger Lariat. I wish the ranger raptor was released but apparently not till later this month.

I appreciate the help in deciding on the moonroof, I'm 24 I should be able to get in the bed without the old man step haha. Moonroofs just create so many problems down the road from my experience. So thank you!

I am very very excited for this build as we all are I'd imagine. Only regret is gonna be once the raptor R comes out, is the 35 going to hold it's value?

I opted out for the recaro seats based on your suggestion, thank you for that as well.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome , haven’t been here long myself but have had several Raptors

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re right to omit the moon roof and SUPER expensive, overpriced tail gate step. The Jen Too step was a bargain, what Ford did here was shameful.
Amen!!!! The Gen 3 step price is alarming. Agreed 100% about not wanting the big moonroof, big waste of $$ IMHO and probably does not help cabin noise level.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#ForNowSameNumberofprius

Honestly, I can go either way on graphics but there’s something to be said for the straight paint with no stickers.

I don’t dig on that blue interior, hard pass for me. It may look ok now, but 10 years from now, it won’t.
Man, I use my Gen 2 step all the time for sitting on the tailgate and taking off/ putting on my boots. I’d give up my carbon fiber before I’d give up that step.

charlesraptor

Reaction score
Had 2 first gen raptors,presently have 2017 with 100 k miles . Always ordered fully loaded with all options. Ordered code orange 37 package fully loaded first week of January this year . I did not get recoro seats I prefer a c ventilated seats since I live in the south . Have found when I sell my used raptor I have always got top dollar because there fully loaded. Not to mention all the features I really like . Now like all of you just have to wait till whenever it gets here. My dealer sold at msrp.