TheOnePercent Checking In From HTX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theonepercent

Reaction score
Let me start by saying, I've been wanting to get into Club Raptor for the past 3 years. With life being so busy I've just had other priorities that needed to attend to. About just under a year ago I decided it's finally the time to pull the trigger and make the switch. Well, when I started looking was when the used car market was (and still is) on fire and 2017-2020 Gen 2's were going for $70k-$80k. I wasn't planning on getting a brand new truck, a 1 or 2 year preowned would have been just fine with me. Orders for the Gen 3 opened up shortly after I started looking and was mock building one on Ford's website and the MSRP said just under $80k. I thought, "Well damn that's the same price the 2017-2020 preowned Gen 2's are selling for. I can order a brand new, totally new generation for the same price as preowned, that makes no sense, I just have to wait 6-8 months for it to get built. I've waited this long to make the switch to a Raptor I can wait 6 more months and get the Gen 3." I submitted my order and then get a call from the dealer saying the price would be almost $10k more than what the MSRP said on the build your own page on the Ford website. I told them forget it and let me call another dealership. Called two more to find one that was more than willing to submit my order for MSRP and didn't even want $1 for them to submit my order. My build ended up getting completed well ahead of the schedule I had anticipated and I took delivery of my Gen 3 on October 14, 2021.

I have some big plans for my Raptor, as I've already found out all Raptor owners do. Four months in and I've completed phase I. Next stop, phase II, wheels and tires. Below is a little preview of some pictures I'll start to drip out of what all was done in phase I. Can't wait to get to know y'all, learn from y'all, bounce ideas off of each other, and maybe talk a little trash with some of y'all!
fullsizeoutput_1ab.jpeg

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice truck. I don't typically care for the light behind the vent, but it works on yours.

HTX = Houston?

OP
OP
theonepercent

theonepercent

Reaction score
welcome! Damn, you've had the truck for like 4-5 months and only got on here now? Get some more pics posted!

I swear it just seems like I've had a million things on my plate these past 6 months, finally got a little breather. You know if it's not one thing it's another!

Oh, and I've definitely been browsing the forums longer than just recently but I finally decided to sign up, get active in the community, and join the club.

Since I need to catch up, here's the first pic I got when my salesperson called and said the truck had came in and had been delivered to the dealership. Felt like a kid on Christmas!
IMG_3217.JPG

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear it just seems like I've had a million things on my plate these past 6 months, finally got a little breather. You know if it's not one thing it's another!

Oh, and I've definitely been browsing the forums longer than just recently but I finally decided to sign up, get active in the community, and join the club.

Since I need to catch up, here's the first pic I got when my salesperson called and said the truck had came in and had been delivered to the dealership. Felt like a kid on Christmas!
View attachment 341753
haha better late than never!

OP
OP
theonepercent

theonepercent

Reaction score
Nice truck. I don't typically care for the light behind the vent, but it works on yours.

HTX = Houston?

Yessir Houston, TX.

I saw a guy on youtube have some LED's behind his vents + wheel wells and I'm really not a fan of the wheel well lights but when I saw the LED's in the vents I thought that was a pretty cool idea that I hadn't seen before and if I just went with the vent lights but not the wheel wells it would add a lil' something but still keep it subtle. The truck in the video was black with red LED's if I remember correctly and I don't want to put words in your mouth but I think when you say "it works on mine" I think it could be because the white truck with white LED's as oppose to a color LED?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yessir Houston, TX.

I saw a guy on youtube have some LED's behind his vents + wheel wells and I'm really not a fan of the wheel well lights but when I saw the LED's in the vents I thought that was a pretty cool idea that I hadn't seen before and if I just went with the vent lights but not the wheel wells it would add a lil' something but still keep it subtle. The truck in the video was black with red LED's if I remember correctly and I don't want to put words in your mouth but I think when you say "it works on mine" I think it could be because the white truck with white LED's as oppose to a color LED?

Cosmetic mods are always going to something some like and some hate. There even seem to be the crowd that thinks any mod that doesn't have a utility/purpose is wrong. I just think yours doesn't stand out too much, based on the pic. I've seen others where they it's a light up 'F150' or something it just looks too much.

I probably would have liked red lights on a black truck, as I also have black truck with red accents. Don't think I would do that on the vents though, as red lights near the front of the vehicle would probably earn me a ticket.