I finally got a Gen 3, but I might not keep it for long.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vill

Reaction score
Back in February, I placed an order for a 2022 raptor at MSRP, but after a month of waiting for my raptor, the dealership called me saying they were out of allocations and had to cancel my order. After not being able to find another dealership willing to sell me a raptor allocation at MSRP, I placed an order for a TRX for 10k off sticker. However, on May 30th, I received a call from the dealership where I had placed my original raptor order. They said someone backed out of their order that was identical to mine and wanted to know if I was interested. I immediately said yes and told them I would be there the following day. I arrived at the dealership and signed all the paperwork. I was even able to get a $1000.00 off MSRP because the individual who originally had the order said I could use his deposit. I immediately fell in love with the truck while I was driving it home. A raptor had always been my dream truck ever since I saw the first-gen raptor ten years ago. The following day on June 1st, I received a call from the dealership where I placed my trx order. They said my trx order had shipped and to expect it to arrive before June 20th. After having my raptor for a week, I don't think I can give it up. Even though the ram dealership offered me 7k over what I paid for my raptor, I don't think I can part ways with it. I have about two weeks to decide what I'm going to do. Who would’ve thought buying a truck could be this difficult.

Attachments

• IMG_2012.JPG
    IMG_2012.JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 285

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Stick with the Raptor. You said it was your dream truck for over 10 years. Sounds like the TRX is a money saving purchase. If you keep the TRX, I bet within a few months you will regret your decision.

As smurfslayer said, it's a first world problem. Both trucks are very capable of being parked at Starbucks. Ultimately it's up to you and I am interested in hearing your final choice.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These kind of threads are so stupid.

Oh what do I do...I love my Raptor....but TRX...but I can't...ohhhh.

What the hell is your question?
The funnier ones are on Facebook Marketplace where people say they just bought a Raptor to hold them over until their F250 comes in and they’re selling it with low miles. “My loss is your gain” …oh and btw I’m asking $20k more then I paid for it. G.T.F.O

Last edited: