2022 3.5L V6 base Raptor is now $70,370…CRAZY???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BaseRaptor

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only benefit to constant price increases is that it helps keep resale values high.

Last edited:

coryatver

Reaction score
I had a 2018 scab no options just traded for a 800a 22 no options other then torsion , wheels. feel like I’m driving a limited it’s loaded compared to my last gen 800a. Saw a dealer with a 52k msrp XL f150? Prices are crazy

cadurham88

Reaction score
I paid 65k for my loaded 18 6k off and I feel thats way high for what you get. Maybe 50k loaded would be a good deal. 6 cylinder with cheap plastic interior parts and vinyl seats with leather inserts. If you compare the raptor quality to my lexus ls and lx, not even close. But I'm a sucker for offroad trucks so I ordered a 37.
Still too low. You want it lower, but it’s worth that or more.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct. 2022 37 will be my last Raptor. 2032 Raptor for 125K base is a no go for me. Probably just keep my 37 forever and rebuild as needed.
Keeping a vehicle forever runs into the old age problem when cost per year to repair it goes way up. This will be even worse for today's vehicles because you get bent over a grands worth for a ten dollar electronic module. Cost per year to operate follows a U-shaped curve. Early on, depreciation dominates. Late in life, repair costs start rising. In between there is a sweet spot. It used to be the three to seven year period with average mileage, but I suspect it might be longer today since cars are so much better. It's an easy thing to check, and you do have to check, because the curve moves around with the market. I always buy new because I can afford it, because pickups around here depreciate relatively slowly compared to cars, and because I lower my chances of getting a lemon that's being dumped.

$70k to $125K in ten years is what, about a six percent inflation rate? It's higher than that now. If inflation stays where it is, $125k will be a screaming deal. But it won't actually be worth more. It's still just a truck and it's value is the same. It's that the dollars used to measure value have themselves dropped in value. More dollars to buy the same thing with the same value as before is the definition of inflation. Inflation is a hidden tax. Unless you're good at math. But thanks to our public school system, most people not only are not good at math, but they hate and avoid it. If I was a cynic, I'd say it was intentional, but I think in this case it's just incompetence as usual.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 65k for my loaded 18 6k off and I feel thats way high for what you get. Maybe 50k loaded would be a good deal. 6 cylinder with cheap plastic interior parts and vinyl seats with leather inserts. If you compare the raptor quality to my lexus ls and lx, not even close. But I'm a sucker for offroad trucks so I ordered a 37.

Yeah.. your Lexus LS and LX living off 15 year old platforms with terrible UI and suckered buyers who don't realize they literally have the worst dash, worst center console screen in the industry FOR A LUXURY VEHICLE. Then lets just move over to the switches and buttons which have been reused out of the Toyota bin since 1995.

If you made a comparison to a Range Rover you owned, maybe an X7, a newer Audi/Mercedes I'd give it to you. My 37PP Raptor feels more premium than my best friends 2019 Lexus LX570 and that's fn hilarious.

Note- I own Tesla MS, Ascent, Land Rover Defender right now.. sorry for crapping on you. I just find Lexus owners hilariously bent over for what THEY get.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going to keep going up, Aluminum copper steel lead rubber oil labor freight etc etc all way way way up, can only hedge so many of your input costs for so long until the commodity price increase get baked into the sales price of the finished good

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah.. your Lexus LS and LX living off 15 year old platforms with terrible UI and suckered buyers who don't realize they literally have the worst dash, worst center console screen in the industry FOR A LUXURY VEHICLE. Then lets just move over to the switches and buttons which have been reused out of the Toyota bin since 1995.

If you made a comparison to a Range Rover you owned, maybe an X7, a newer Audi/Mercedes I'd give it to you. My 37PP Raptor feels more premium than my best friends 2019 Lexus LX570 and that's fn hilarious.

Note- I own Tesla MS, Ascent, Land Rover Defender right now.. sorry for crapping on you. I just find Lexus owners hilariously bent over for what THEY get.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. Lexus is a joke, it’s a brand made up to sell overpriced Toyotas by adding more fake plastic wood trim. The fact that they’re using a touch pad instead of a touch screen is comical at this point.

OP
OP
BaseRaptor

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of inflation, the Tesla Model Y Long Range just just got another $1k price increase today. The MSRP has slowly increased >$10k in the least 13 months. They are supposedly being flooded with orders due to escalating fuel prices.