19 Recaros - Would you take this back for warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToucanLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just traded in my 17' on a 19' tonight and after 50 miles my drivers seat left side bolster looks like this.

All other bolsters look normal. I'm 6'3 and 181 lbs so not large - seems like the bolster was stitched with tension on it - I picked the truck up at night and didn't notice at the dealer.

Should I go back for a warranty issue? I feel like in 10k this is going to look like hell.

kVPQi97.jpg

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that on someone else’s truck a (a white one but near the headrest).

Simple answer is the sooner you make a complaint about it the better. If you don’t, they blame you for the normal wear and tear of vehicle. My buddy showed me that complaints early will document the file and help substantiate any warranty claims down the road. Take it in.

Lukasz Nowacki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those seats will wear much quicker than the full leather seats simply because they are synthetic Alcantara/suede. Dust and water won't help either. Not sure what ford was thinking putting Alcantara seats in a Baja truck

_Satch_

Reaction score
Those seats will wear much quicker than the full leather seats simply because they are synthetic Alcantara/suede. Dust and water won't help either. Not sure what ford was thinking putting Alcantara seats in a Baja truck

I have alcantera Recaro seats in my 2014 Shelby GT500 that don’t look this bad, with almost 20,000 mile on it. The seat pictured is totally unacceptable.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score

they are putting alcantara in many new boats.. water does not hurt it, you just need to care for it a bit differently then leather.

plus, it looks like the OP's problem has nothing to do with the alcantara

I bet a bit of steam would shrink that right up and make it look perfect, but probably best to go back to the dealer first

FORDnVWPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this explains the order delays for those with Recaros.....inclined to say it adds too "patina" as long as it does not tear...jk