19 Recaros - Would you take this back for warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have seen a few of these Recaro interiors so far and not impressed. The quality of the covers Ford used have much to be desired.

As for the comments about Alcantara holding up, it is stronger and lighter than your leather. It will hold up much better in the long run and is also water resistant. Most race cars and high end exotics have all gone to using it as well. Besides the durability over leather you don't slide around in the seat. I personally like it, but each to his own.

OP
OP
T

ToucanLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Street or off road?

Both so far - jumps are insane now with jump mode feels almost magic the way it lands - street driving is even more cushy than the 17’

Anyone who says it’s firmer than a 17’ either has wrong tire pressure, or didn’t spend any measurable time in a 17’

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both so far - jumps are insane now with jump mode feels almost magic the way it lands - street driving is even more cushy than the 17’

Anyone who says it’s firmer than a 17’ either has wrong tire pressure, or didn’t spend any measurable time in a 17’
Awesome thank you

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have seen a few of these Recaro interiors so far and not impressed. The quality of the covers Ford used have much to be desired.

As for the comments about Alcantara holding up, it is stronger and lighter than your leather. It will hold up much better in the long run and is also water resistant. Most race cars and high end exotics have all gone to using it as well. Besides the durability over leather you don't slide around in the seat. I personally like it, but each to his own.

The one I saw in person looked great. Didn't like the blue sides on the console or the cabin fiber everywhere tho.

As for alcantara longevity, we'll have to wait and see. The internet is 50/50 on the subject

Last edited:

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The one I saw in person looked great. Didn't like the blue sides on the console or the cabin fiber everywhere tho.

As for alcantara longevity, we'll have to wait and see. The internet is 50/50 on the subject

I agree, depends on who the sourced the alcantara from. I know in the next few months I will be redoing the interior of mine. Lots of new upgrades coming in 2019. Didn't make SEMA 2018 but will be there in 2019.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Do you speak from experience, or just what you've heard? All the high mileage Alcantara seats I've seen look terrible. They pill up real bad. Guys use 400 grit sandpaper to clean up the pilling.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they are putting alcantara in many new boats.. water does not hurt it, you just need to care for it a bit differently then leather.

plus, it looks like the OP's problem has nothing to do with the alcantara

I bet a bit of steam would shrink that right up and make it look perfect, but probably best to go back to the dealer first
In what way do you take care of it differently? I have recaros and love them and want them to last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk