19 Recaros - Would you take this back for warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
My plan is to:
1. use a product like gtechniq smart fabric to protect
2. tease it up with a brush while I'm gassing up so the pile doesn't flatten
3. treat stains like i would a fabric seat

It's just microfibre fabric at heart so treat it as such.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you speak from experience, or just what you've heard? All the high mileage Alcantara seats I've seen look terrible. They pill up real bad. Guys use 400 grit sandpaper to clean up the pilling.

I speak from experience. I have alcantara in all our race cars. Main reason is because it holds up very well and is light. I guess the piling up you are referring to would be due to the cushioning being compressed over time and allowing the alcantara to pile or bunch up, at least that would be my guess. The material does hold up very well to water and sweat as well.

I will be changing my interior soon and will have alcantara on my seats as well. Just need to decide if I want to keep my factory seats or go with an aftermarket seat.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved the Alcantara seats in my 2014 Tremor. They still looked like new when I traded in with 30k miles.

2014-Ford-F-150-Tremor-interior.jpg
Mine did too. There was only one scratch in the leather where I had something in my back pocket and forgot when I got out.

BCRAZY

Reaction score
Poor quality control, I would be pissed and take it back to address right away. My opinion, I'm not a fan of how they look, like my 18' seats better. BTW.. I like how the 19's say RAPTOR on the steering wheel :)

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't you have like 10 cars? If yes, do you drive them enough to show wear?

And yes, high end cars are expected to have Alcantara. I still prefer leather in my cars.

I haven't seen that happen on any of my vehicles. Will try to get a couple of pics of the ones around right now.

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_5207.jpg

I ordered the Raptor Interior Colour Blue as well, hopefully mine look nothing like that !

I have Alcantara in my Hellcat and its holding up nice, the Alcantara looks like new, the vinyl/leather side is showing a little distortion but that is normal for high edged performance seats , getting in and out will hard on them.

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS. Can you post pictures of your interior? The ones online are not that detailed, curious on how the two tone looks. Thanks Jay