125% KBB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the current market im really on the fence about upgrading the 14 to something newer. I see all these dealers advertising 125% KBB trade in. KBB puts my fully loaded 14 SE at around $45k, I find it hard to believe they would give me $55000 for it. Anyone have experience with this tactic?

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
Given the current market im really on the fence about upgrading the 14 to something newer. I see all these dealers advertising 125% KBB trade in. KBB puts my fully loaded 14 SE at around $45k, I find it hard to believe they would give me $55000 for it. Anyone have experience with this tactic?
They are banking on the market swinging up more, most banks will loan 125% of top value for a vehicle.

OP
OP
FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are banking on the market swinging up more, most banks will loan 125% of top value for a vehicle.
That makes sense, I also noticed in fine print it says "up to", makes you wonder how many people actually get the full 125%, Im betting not many.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've talked to the "up to 125%" dealers in the past. They usually laugh when you bring it up and say that's only for certain makes/models that are in high demand...which isn't what you are selling/trading in. But times have changed and a Gen 1 might be what they are looking for.

Only one way to find out and no harm if you have time to kill.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The demand for Gen 1's is still high, people out there still want a v8 truck, that will go away eventually as fuel prices soar, so I would suggest selling soon if that's what you are thinking of doing.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid $66,500 for my 2019 Gen 2 (stickered for 72k). Traded it in towards a MSRP Gen 3 and got 70k credit on it in July, it had 15,000 miles on the odo. Kbb had the value of the truck at 76k at that time though. After shopping around and getting lower trade offers I decided that 70k was good enough of an offer for me to let go of the truck. I took all of my aftermarket goodies and swapped the wheels and exhaust back prior to trading in.

OP
OP
FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carmax offered me $41800 sight unseen. Local dealer offered me $39k and said I would still need $6k for a brand new TRD off-road Tacoma, which was going to consolidate the daily driver and raptor into one. No way was I trading them a lion for a lamb and also giving them $6k…easily walked away. Looks like the $125k is a pipe dream. KBB is $44-48k with all my options. That dealer wouldn’t budge on my trade price. For the record this was not an advertised 125% kbb dealer.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prices on the Gen 1 Raptors are insane and I think they are going to continue to go up as time goes on. I paid $60k for my 2014 SVT with 21,000 miles. It was a hard pill to swallow but this was the exact truck I've been looking for since the Raptors came out. Sometimes you just have to nut up.

OP
OP
FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prices on the Gen 1 Raptors are insane and I think they are going to continue to go up as time goes on. I paid $60k for my 2014 SVT with 21,000 miles. It was a hard pill to swallow but this was the exact truck I've been looking for since the Raptors came out. Sometimes you just have to nut up.
if I could get $46-48k I would be happy.