1 up Hitch mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weaklink33

Reaction score
I’ve had both. Personally I prefer the kuat. Maybe the one up rack I had years ago was an early version but it didn’t seem as stable. The kuat has a knob that turns to snug the rack in the receiver that makes it super stable. I can’t say anything bad about the 1up though. From what I remember it was well made.

Reaction score
I run a 1up with two extensions for up to 4 bikes... Love it. For longer multiday trips I added a Yakima swing arm for better access to truck bed, it's rock solid setup for my needs. Love how it's secure, no rattles or give in hitch receiver. Only thing I don't like is the metal ball that tightens to receiver pops out during storage and I feel like I might lose it sometime. Otherwise... Highly recommend.

trollo2984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It tilts down, not sure if you can get it out of the way of the tailgate.

I have a Yakima and love it. Had if for 5 tests and never any terrible, on or off road.

My brother has the 1up, and like others have said, it's expensive, but well worth it.

That may not be helpful, but it's good, you can't go wrong with the Kuat, 1up, or in my opinion Yakima. Good luck!

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 up or nothing!!!
I use it on my car for local trails and on my Scab for farther away trails.
I wanted a lighter rack so I could use it on my car. It only weighs 23 lbs. It can hold 50 pound bikes. No other rack is this light and can carry a 50 pound bike. Up to 3 bikes for this rack. The other 1 up racks can hold 4, 50 pound bikes.

Last edited:

pla748

Reaction score
View attachment 124249 View attachment 124250 There is Nothing better or more stable than a 1up! I made the mistake of getting a Yakima the first go, rack was wobbly and didn’t secure the bike well. I almost lost my custom built intense going to an enduro race on washed out dirt roads. Do it right the first time and get the 1up.

I am recently looking for a rack for my new bike. Like the picture. what model is this? when laying down the rack, does the tailgate could be fully down without toughing the rack?
could you send any pictures ? thanks

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am recently looking for a rack for my new bike. Like the picture. what model is this? when laying down the rack, does the tailgate could be fully down without toughing the rack?
could you send any pictures ? thanks
It’s the heavy duty model, no need really with the weight of today’s bikes. Yes, you can tilt rack down and open tail gate with lots of clearance. Sorry can’t send pics, I’m sitting at treehouse brewery on my way to dirty dozen raptor run in New Brunswick Canada.