1 up Hitch mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northerner77

Reaction score
In need of a mountain bike rack. I have heard some good reviews online on this trailer hitch mount unit.
https://www.1up-usa.com/

Anyone have experience with these or have a better option? I guess my only concern would be the exhaust heating up the bike tires on the hitch mount route....is the 1up high enough to clear exhaust tips?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I have the Kuat rack, I was gonna get the 1up but just got a better deal on Kuat. The 1up is very nice many of my friends use them but I'm in Wisconsin and they are made here. Personally I wouldn't worry about the exhaust. My Kuat has been on many fire road trails with my 4runner with no issues. I think Saris just came out with a new one too. Either way you go I think the 1up or Kuat is great. Biggest downside is the length they add to the vehicles, only a big deal if you park in a garage.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Thule T2 pro XT 2 and really like it. It folds down out of the way of the tailgate even with two bikes on it and it’s very quick to install on the truck as well as the bikes. Also very secure on the truck and hold the bikes solid. Have not tried the 1up but good reviews and looks interesting. Check out this thread for more information

Diamondback bed covers and bike racks
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...bed-covers-and-bike-racks.68383/&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have several friends with the 1up and having used it myself with them I can say it is very heavy duty and easy to load/unload the bikes. You don't have take any wheels off or lift them up way high. I don't think the exhaust tips will be an issue.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FD423B70-397C-4FBD-8DAD-E53B577EEB3B.jpeg B039ABD1-9958-440D-BE43-8EB4B14D24E9.jpeg There is Nothing better or more stable than a 1up! I made the mistake of getting a Yakima the first go, rack was wobbly and didn’t secure the bike well. I almost lost my custom built intense going to an enduro race on washed out dirt roads. Do it right the first time and get the 1up.

Last edited:

n8doggnp

Reaction score
Nothing compares to 1up, by far the best rack on the market. I don't have any issues with the exhaust, running it in single mode all the way up to the 4 bike expansion.

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1up is the best and works great with my raptor.

My advice. Get a spare ratchet to keep in the truck with the locking key attached. Makes it easy to take on and off any time you want without an extra trip to the garage.

I keep mine in the rear driver side door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro