New Video - (Pre-Production Prototype) SPV Parts Hitch Mount Kit for Rigid Chase Light... Give us feedback.. Who wants us to release this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was wondering if plugging in to the trailer light plug will tell the truck I'm pulling a trailer and change drive mode settings or deactivate features like BLIS?
Anything plugged into the trailer plug unfortunately will do that. Thats why the tail light adapter alternative may be a secondary viable option. We are looking at maybe offering both, Though the 7 pin is universal for EVERYTHING vs connector specific.

John

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A option to think about in your design for the strobe feature, is a remote controlled on off switch. It might be a nice option for some that do not want to run the wires all the way up to the cab. There are several of them out there, this one might even fit inside the 2" receiver hitch. View attachment 401427
Great idea! That could work for sure. The only issue though, is that you still need a constant power wire to put inline for that module, and the 4 pin doesnt have that, So you'd still need the 7 pin that has a constant or run a power wire from elsewhere.
Now, if we offer a tail light adapter option. Youd plug it in one time and have a connector at the base to use rather than the 7 pin and then you could use the switch in one form or another if we find a constant.

John

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I don’t need a strobe feature. But before I’d buy this, I want it easy to install, plug n play to the rear, and it mustn’t act as a trailer connected.

Reaction score
This is a great idea. I’d prefer a way to make the chase light yellow instead of red. But damn that extra reverse light would be great since the OEM ones barely illuminate.