New Video - (Pre-Production Prototype) SPV Parts Hitch Mount Kit for Rigid Chase Light... Give us feedback.. Who wants us to release this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Check out the video below....

We have had great feedback so far. If you want to see this offered, let us know.

This is a variant from our hitch mount backup light kits we developed and released in 2017.

The principal is to have quick and secure access to a full size backup light, and when you want to use your hitch, just pull the plug, pull the pin and throw it in the back seat. Our Mounts are stainless steel and when used with a hitch pin/lock, they deter theft. (Nothing can prevent theft of course, but this is the most secure method.)

So for the weekend warriors, who want a quick and easy add on chase light solution. We found this to really fit the bill.

Since the Hitch wiring can give you brake, running lights and reverse, but not an on off for flashers. We are looking at an inline simple switch in the cord (Not like the video just dangling. Again, this is a test piece) that you can flip on for strobe feature for when you go make a run. Since the power will shut off to the hitch wiring when the truck is off. You still won't need to worry about forgetting to shut it off and it draining your battery.

Now, some other options we are considering are a tail light adapter module like our other harness system uses. This is more vehicle specific though vs completely universal like the 7 pin. However, it won't tell your truck it has a trailer connected.
We are also looking at a long harness as well that can run up to a switch in the front for the strobe feature as an option.

So tell us-

Do you prefer the quick plug 7 Pin Connector?
Do You Prefer a Vehicle Specific Tail Light Adapter?
Would you want a line in the front for a switch for the strobe? Or is it fine (and easier to install) if your switch for the strobe is in the rear?

Enjoy the Video-

And if you would like to see our original Reverse Hitch Light Kit with quick removal and Full Size Rigid or Baja Lights, look here-

As always, feel free to reach out to us at info @spvparts.com
Or call 317 - 934 - 6778

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I like the concept. Could it be used with the four pin connector instead of seven?
I believe it could to a degree in that configuration, however, the flash/strobe uses the constant 12 v “charge” line which I don’t think the 4 pin would. So in that instance, it might be better using our tail light adapter “prep” to run a separate connection from there. Or you’d need to run a separate line to a constant from somewhere else for the flash. That might eliminate the “quick and easy” part.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it could to a degree in that configuration, however, the flash/strobe uses the constant 12 v “charge” line which I don’t think the 4 pin would. So in that instance, it might be better using our tail light adapter “prep” to run a separate connection from there. Or you’d need to run a separate line to a constant from somewhere else for the flash. That might eliminate the “quick and easy” part.
Thanks. I already have the Rigid SRLs with the tail light connection and long harness so I can run them as back up lights or simply to light up behind the truck when parked. Would this somehow integrate with my current setup?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. I already have the Rigid SRLs with the tail light connection and long harness so I can run them as back up lights or simply to light up behind the truck when parked. Would this somehow integrate with my current setup?
I don't ever want to run that long harness back to the front ever again Please John @Specialtyperformanceparts gimme something that can plug into the rearward harness!

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, you’d still
Probably need a second line because one wire runs the backlights and the other runs reverse.
You could tie in the reverse, but you need a switch for strobing. That’s where we put it inline in the back there. Just a simple on off.
So my thoughts, for most people, either that 7 pin with an inline switch or a tail light adapter with an inline switch would be most prudent.
Everything would be automatic except the strobe feature which you would need to flip the switch back there for. So going back there one time to turn the switch on or off I doubt would be too much of an issue for most and definitely save on time for a quick and easy install.

John

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A option to think about in your design for the strobe feature, is a remote controlled on off switch. It might be a nice option for some that do not want to run the wires all the way up to the cab. There are several of them out there, this one might even fit inside the 2" receiver hitch. 71n-s1p-o6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you’d still
Probably need a second line because one wire runs the backlights and the other runs reverse.
You could tie in the reverse, but you need a switch for strobing. That’s where we put it inline in the back there. Just a simple on off.
So my thoughts, for most people, either that 7 pin with an inline switch or a tail light adapter with an inline switch would be most prudent.
Everything would be automatic except the strobe feature which you would need to flip the switch back there for. So going back there one time to turn the switch on or off I doubt would be too much of an issue for most and definitely save on time for a quick and easy install.

John
Thanks for all the extra info. The 7-pin connection sounds good. I'm looking forward to seeing your final product!

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if plugging in to the trailer light plug will tell the truck I'm pulling a trailer and change drive mode settings or deactivate features like BLIS?