1.5” Leveling kit with 35” Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.5 is dead level-I am running 37s but tire size does not matter. Ran my Gen 1 at mid perch also level and collars on my Gen 2-used Icons as I needed 2 1/4 to make level. The Icon Gen 2 collars were adjustable. Pics can be very deceiving on showing you the true stance. Best to use measurements. Check your starting point so you know what you need. I will say that if you put a lot weight in the bed, you will be nose high which should make sense given the starting point. That said, one of the weakest parts of a stock Gen 3 is how soft the rear springs are. Rear is much better vs leaf springs but a slightly more stout set that lets you load a couple hundred pounds in the back for spares or other gear is needed and I am sure being designed/made now or real soon.

WISHiHADaRAPTOR

Reaction score
Ox and MKSVT the picture is deceptive. I was on a trip in that picture and the bed was full of gear. The truck actually sits 1/4" lower in the front than the rear. Measured in my driveway.
I will admit for me the motivation was visual. I have always liked for my trucks to sit level. I agree it does sit lower in the rear when loaded but that is only a small amount of the time. Also I am switching to 37" tires soon so I wanted the clearance for those.
Kevin
Are you doing any other modifications to stuff 37’s under there or just leaving stock?

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to measure your front and rear, and figure out how much rake you have. Then use that number to see what size collar you need to use.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to measure your front and rear, and figure out how much rake you have. Then use that number to see what size collar you need to use.
yep that was done by many of us years ago. I'm running RPG 1.5" collars and they seem to get me very close to level. Don't want nose high

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not planning to modify anything else. I will see when I get them on if they rub. I will be using the factory wheels, so that will be in my favor for the offset.
Kevin
should be good, trimming always helps unless you arent planning on offroading

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not planning to modify anything else. I will see when I get them on if they rub. I will be using the factory wheels, so that will be in my favor for the offset.
Kevin
I am running zero offset on BFG 37s, RPG 1.5 collar, no cutting, no rubbing no issues at all. If you are doing a true 37 like Toyo or Nitto you may be in a different situation but I have no issues at all.

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those with the RPG 1.5" collars, do you mind posting up more pictures to show how level it looks? Thanks!

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the fact that the truck gets level with 1.5 inch collar is great. for me i would just leave it alone at that point. on the gen2 19 you need 2.5 inches to get it perfectly level