zero offset 17x8.5 wheels stock suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All, been a minute since I've posted. Anyway, as the title states, I have zero offset wheels for a 35 raptor and was wondering if anyone has jumped their raptor with this setup? I am wondering if there are any issues with rubbing at full compression.

btw, I tried the search feature and only pulled results for 37s. Forgive me if I missed it in a different thread. TIA FRF

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a gen1 and am running stock size tires, 0 offset methods and at full stuff I rub a bit on full stuff. My fenders are actually cracked in a few spots, mostly behind the fender flare.

OP
OP
Ragnar

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a gen1 and am running stock size tires, 0 offset methods and at full stuff I rub a bit on full stuff. My fenders are actually cracked in a few spots, mostly behind the fender flare.
Thanks for your feedback. It’s stinks that method only offers a zero offset on the 305s in 17”

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends on your goals for the truck I guess. I will be going 37’s and new fenders in the future so I am not worried about my fenders and I enjoy the added clearance the 0 fate gives my suspension components. I also forgot to mention my lowers are locked out at the widest position so that contributes as well.

Also keep in mind that it is full stuff when mine hit on full compression, the attached photo shows a pretty good stuff, but the front actually shows a little clearance so it either didn’t go full compression or already started to rebound.

55B323F1-7373-406A-AF7C-5F9FB3CB4A98.jpeg

OP
OP
Ragnar

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, I plan on sticking with 35s for now. Just noticed that they offer a 25 offset now. Looks like I will try to exchange them since when I bought them they didn’t offer anything other than 0. They are still new in the box. I’ll be eating some shipping though

OP
OP
Ragnar

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on your goals for the truck I guess. I will be going 37’s and new fenders in the future so I am not worried about my fenders and I enjoy the added clearance the 0 fate gives my suspension components. I also forgot to mention my lowers are locked out at the widest position so that contributes as well.

Also keep in mind that it is full stuff when mine hit on full compression, the attached photo shows a pretty good stuff, but the front actually shows a little clearance so it either didn’t go full compression or already started to rebound.

View attachment 340823
So, I am not too experienced in wheel offsets. I am thinking that the +25 should eliminate the rubbing. Am I on the right track?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I am not too experienced in wheel offsets. I am thinking that the +25 should eliminate the rubbing. Am I on the right track?
Positive offset will push the wheels toward the vehicle centerline. 25 mm is basically an inch so they will be 1” inboard when compared to the 0 offset. That should reduce your rubbing. I can’t comment for sure if it will completely eliminate it.

OP
OP
Ragnar

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Positive offset will push the wheels toward the vehicle centerline. 25 mm is basically an inch so they will be 1” inboard when compared to the 0 offset. That should reduce your rubbing. I can’t comment for sure if it will completely eliminate it.
Thank you!

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
My Icons are +6mm and I got rubbing at full compression. I even got a little gap on my driver side fender. Get as close to stock if you plan on jumping your truck or get some aftermarket fenders.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sad to say it "depends" is the answer. I have run zero offsets on all three gens. I was mid perch on Gen 1, Gen 2 was 2.25 collars and Gen 3 1.5 collars. All of that said, Gen 1 and Gen 2 I drove very hard an had no issues on stock BFGs ever-jumped it but not full send mode. Gen 3 I am running 37s BFGs but have not launched it yet. Driven it plenty hard and have no rubbing or any other issues but all 4 have not been off the ground at the same time yet.