zero offset 17x8.5 wheels stock suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Icons are +6mm and I got rubbing at full compression. I even got a little gap on my driver side fender. Get as close to stock if you plan on jumping your truck or get some aftermarket fenders.

Thank you sir I have been looking for this kind of feedback regarding icons for a while now. I had a funny feeling they would rub in that scenario. Great to know.

*edit* it appears your experience is coming from a gen2, the gen3’s have much larger wheel wells. Can you confirm your experience is with a gen3?

Last edited:

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Icons are +6mm and I got rubbing at full compression. I even got a little gap on my driver side fender. Get as close to stock if you plan on jumping your truck or get some aftermarket fenders.

Is this on a Gen 3?

Expedition Off-Road on instagram are running Icon Rebound Pros 17x8.5 +6mm on their Gen3 with Gladiator X-Comp AT in 37x13.50r17 and reported no rub even while cycling the suspension pretty well.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besides potential rubbing, what are if any the downsides of a positive offset?

Rengastarr

Reaction score
Hi All, been a minute since I've posted. Anyway, as the title states, I have zero offset wheels for a 35 raptor and was wondering if anyone has jumped their raptor with this setup? I am wondering if there are any issues with rubbing at full compression.

btw, I tried the search feature and only pulled results for 37s. Forgive me if I missed it in a different thread. TIA FRF
I don’t have this setup, but I can’t imagine you’d have any trouble! I have +6 17x8.5’s and 37x12.5-17 Nitto Trail Grapplers and I’ve gone pretty hard the front clears no problem. I’ve only had clearance in the rear on the front side of the fender because the diameter of the tire comes so far forward. I’d say your in the clear, only 1/4” wider out then my setup and an inch less all around with the tires.

Rengastarr

Reaction score
Damn I’m surprised! I guess if we all just stayed stock we could rip harder and then just blame Ford if anything didn’t work right! Lol. FML I can’t stay stock though!! Haha

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Damn I’m surprised! I guess if we all just stayed stock we could rip harder and then just blame Ford if anything didn’t work right! Lol. FML I can’t stay stock though!! Haha
Yes, I bottomed out after sending it pretty hard. My fenders and tailgate gaps are not with in factory spec. It's not super noticeable, but I noticed. I'll post pics later.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have this setup, but I can’t imagine you’d have any trouble! I have +6 17x8.5’s and 37x12.5-17 Nitto Trail Grapplers and I’ve gone pretty hard the front clears no problem. I’ve only had clearance in the rear on the front side of the fender because the diameter of the tire comes so far forward. I’d say your in the clear, only 1/4” wider out then my setup and an inch less all around with the tires.

From your other posts it looks like your experience is based off of 2.25” front and 3/4” rear lift? We are curious if 0 offset 37 wheels work with the stock suspension.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I bottomed out after sending it pretty hard. My fenders and tailgate gaps are not with in factory spec. It's not super noticeable, but I noticed. I'll post pics later.

Rick from your previous posts it seems your experience is with a gen2? This would be a gen3 specific question.

SMIKE

Reaction score
I installed this kit on a friends truck last night. I am being told, parts will be available for sale next week. This is a spacer kit that mimics the up travel of the factory 37 edition trucks that helps prevent rubbing at full compression with 37s on a non-37 edition 3rd gen.

1645048141400.png1645048154918.png