DSC Sport Plug-N-Play Active Suspension Controller - Fox Live Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got to take this offroad a few times. Definitely a large improvement over stock. And I've made some small changes to the tune that made additional improvement (mostly just changed how quickly it opens the valve vs when it sees the front compressing). This is definitely a great upgrade and has me thinking I will likely not bother with upgrading to the FOX FRS shocks.

Glad to hear you're liking it, I'd love to toss one in my truck. I've been wondering if Gen 3 shocks may be a cheaper alternative for upgraded live valve shocks.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shocks by themselves would not be an upgrade. You would need the Gen3 control module to go along with them, and I'm sure that isn't backwards compatible with our trucks.

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shocks by themselves would not be an upgrade. You would need the Gen3 control module to go along with them, and I'm sure that isn't backwards compatible with our trucks.

I thought I recall reading somewhere the gen 3 shocks are a tad larger in diameter and use the same solenoids as the gen 2. Maybe I'm going crazy

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Gen 3 shocks wouldn’t make a big difference on their own, aside from the 5 link, the thing that’s making the difference on the Gen 3 is the upgraded controller and sampling rate. IMO the DSC and E-Clik are both better than the oem gen 3 controller.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I recall reading somewhere the gen 3 shocks are a tad larger in diameter and use the same solenoids as the gen 2. Maybe I'm going crazy

They're like .1 or .2" bigger. Not a big different that you'll notice. I'd also like to take them apart, as I'd bet money the actual piston is still the same size (the gen2 shocks use a piston from a regular 2.5" shock) and the larger diameter is just more oil volume. I doubt Fox made a custom slightly larger piston.

Like boost creep said, the big upgrade for the Gen3 is a better controller. And I would agree that one of the aftermarket controllers is still better.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're like .1 or .2" bigger. Not a big different that you'll notice. I'd also like to take them apart, as I'd bet money the actual piston is still the same size (the gen2 shocks use a piston from a regular 2.5" shock) and the larger diameter is just more oil volume. I doubt Fox made a custom slightly larger piston.

Like boost creep said, the big upgrade for the Gen3 is a better controller. And I would agree that one of the aftermarket controllers is still better.
I believe the shaft dia is larger up front on the 37PP gen 3s vs regular gen 3.

Navigator55

Reaction score
One thing we do at DSC Sport is listen to our customers. We always try our best to see what people have to say about our calibrations and what they may like or dislike. One thing we heard is, maybe normal mode could be more on the comfortable side. So we did just that, on our website users can now find our standard base map, as well as, a new calibration file with an updated normal mode aimed to be more comfortable for the daily driver. The changes made can be seen in our Shock Calibration Table below comparing curves. If you already have a controller in your truck, feel free to download the altered calibration if this is something that may interest you.

Download Files Here: Link to DSC Calibration Files

View attachment 338705

Sorry to bring up an old post; but does anyone know if this comfort file is still available? The link in the post is no longer active.

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. When you order it put in the notes/comments section that you want the comfort plus payload

Sidetrack

Reaction score
I didn't specify the calibration when i ordered the controller from COBB. If i remember correctly, all you have to do is create an account on the DSC website and there's a way to navigate to the comfort plus calibration file download.