Offroad on 0 offset wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, with my gen 3 getting a little bit closer, Im starting to look into aftermarket wheels more seriously. I was wondering if anyone has done any offroading and compressed an 8.5" wide wheel with 0mm offset. If so, how did it go, and what was your set up?

I am currently between Method 703's (+0mm) and Icon Rebound pro's (+6mm). Ive seen that +6mm can clear just fine under compression, but I haven't seen anything on methods or any +0mm wheels for that matter. Offroad-ability will definitely play a big role in final decision. I plan to eventually run the 1.5" perch and 37s too if that changes anything.
Ill sell you my 703's in bronze. $225 wheel + shipping vs $329 + tax + ship. 5 of them

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could run into a "full compression" rub wit 37's. And I only say could since Ford limited the up travel on the 37 package from what I understand with the different shocks and bump stops. Probably so the 37 doesn't stuff up in the wheel well. So 37's on a 35 truck "could" have an issue. I think we need to setup a few cameras and let @Kojack19 fully send it so we all know for sure :grd:
I have had 4 off the ground and don't have any issues. I will say that it looks to my eye like zero offset seems more "under" the fender than my stock BFGs on zero offset looked on my Gen 1 and 2. Don't trust my experience if you are running true 37s or anything that is 13.5 wide.

Enjoy the ride!

Chuckaroo91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to make same decision. Looking at fuel rebels. Did you stay in 35’s or go to 37’s ?
Think Rick who posted was making reference to his Gen2. I'm on 8.5 wide methods with zero offset and haven't had any issues rubbing with the K02's in 37" (I've got a 35" truck but did Gesier springs in the front). Most guys run the RPG or similar 1.5" collars and have no issues with clearance.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think Rick who posted was making reference to his Gen2. I'm on 8.5 wide methods with zero offset and haven't had any issues rubbing with the K02's in 37" (I've got a 35" truck but did Gesier springs in the front). Most guys run the RPG or similar 1.5" collars and have no issues with clearance.
How is the ride with those Geisers? When off-roading and topping out the suspension, does it top out soft or hard due to the longer firmer springs?