Offroad on 0 offset wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zach Gen3

Reaction score
Hey guys, with my gen 3 getting a little bit closer, Im starting to look into aftermarket wheels more seriously. I was wondering if anyone has done any offroading and compressed an 8.5" wide wheel with 0mm offset. If so, how did it go, and what was your set up?

I am currently between Method 703's (+0mm) and Icon Rebound pro's (+6mm). Ive seen that +6mm can clear just fine under compression, but I haven't seen anything on methods or any +0mm wheels for that matter. Offroad-ability will definitely play a big role in final decision. I plan to eventually run the 1.5" perch and 37s too if that changes anything.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Zach Gen3

Zach Gen3

Reaction score
Thanks for the thread tag. Seems to have some good info, but no full answer. +6mm is seeming like the smarter choice though. Hopefully someone will see this new thread and give some insight.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched for the same. 90% of the wheel choices are +0. Being the G3 has technically more fender room it "should" work but I bet all full compression or your really sending it might be an issue is what I've essentially been told. I'm also sold on +6 offset with Icon and Innov8 probably being two of your better albeit more expensive options.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. I kind of don’t want to mess with suspension this time around. Would be really nice to know if 0 offset 8.5 wheels clear fenders under full compression. I mean full compression to the point the bump stops are flattened.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I'm running Icon +6mm and it will rub under full compression. Mine did and I sent it pretty good. Driver side fender has a gap now. It can be fixed. I think 0 offset would only be worst. I maybe going back to stock wheels.

Sorry, I just saw this is for a Gen 3, not sure what would happen then. I'm speaking for a Gen 2

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I'm running Icon +6mm and it will rub under full compression. Mine did and I sent it pretty good. Driver side fender has a gap now. It can be fixed. I think 0 offset would only be worst. I maybe going back to stock wheels.

Sorry, I just saw this is for a Gen 3, not sure what would happen then. I'm speaking for a Gen 2
on 37’s?? Cause I’ve never rubbed on 35’s with 0

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have zero issues off-road with zero offset on BFG 37s with 1.5 collars or on Gen 1 or 2 with zero offset and 35s with collars or mid perch. 37 BFG s with collars required no trimming at all too. True 37s will require some trimming i suspect.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You could run into a "full compression" rub wit 37's. And I only say could since Ford limited the up travel on the 37 package from what I understand with the different shocks and bump stops. Probably so the 37 doesn't stuff up in the wheel well. So 37's on a 35 truck "could" have an issue. I think we need to setup a few cameras and let @Kojack19 fully send it so we all know for sure :grd: