Changing Wheel offset stock wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One last thing… the instructions. The instructions that came with my kit mentioned the use of loc-tite, and a lower torque spec than Ford uses for the wheels. Both of those concerned me. Contacted Bora, and was told to disregard. That was being changed (kinda needs to be changed before someone that doesn’t know any better to question that logic). Tech department told me update is coming; also, to not use loc-tite, and torque spacer to match Ford’s torque spec. Then, re-torque spacer at 500mi.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
You could also the optional bead lock and it will give the tire a wider look. It did for mine. It looks like I'm running 0 offset with the stock wheels.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could also the optional bead lock and it will give the tire a wider look. It did for mine. It looks like I'm running 0 offset with the stock wheels.

True, it pushes the bead out about 1”, but I don’t think it brings it out as much as a 0 offset. Such a great look though and actually adds performance with the beadlock.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BORA is around the corner from us. The products are top notch. And a lot of built (non raptor) pre-runners out there run them in the rear to make the rear axle width match the wide long travel front setups.
I am impressed with the quality as well. Wasn’t real sure I wanted to run spacers due to the inherent issues of sub-standard bolt parts. Then I happened to run across Bora. Started my research at that point. Making comparisons between them, and other products on the market. Bora was at the top of each one of my criteria.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In this previously included pics I show to people I always focus on the rear tire. Explaining how much better it looks after the spacer installation. Looking at my post I just realized you can see the absence of the front driver tire, and the presence of the front passenger tire. Never noticed that before. Man, I really love the stance Bora spacers gave my truck!!!

Btw, when you order them be prepared for the surprise as you go to grab the boxes the UPS/ FedEx driver begrudgingly dropped off at your front door. Mine came in two boxes (two per box)… each was heavy as hell!!! A sign of quality in my opinion.

Attachments

• A7696A55-92C5-42BF-B6D9-FD7EA7D2353D.jpeg
    A7696A55-92C5-42BF-B6D9-FD7EA7D2353D.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 89013116-9F20-42C0-8BA7-CB25C54E192A.jpeg
    89013116-9F20-42C0-8BA7-CB25C54E192A.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 13

Bluto

Reaction score
Are the rear tires still able to tuck in under the fender at full flex with 1.5" spacers and stock rims? Or 1.25" spacers? I was thinking of grabbing a set of them, but have had previous vehicles rub on the fender in those conditions with too much offset.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Except illegal on the street... I'm generally not one to care but our society is filled with litigious ********...

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Except illegal on the street... I'm generally not one to care but our society is filled with litigious ********...

I think he is talking about replacing the beauty ring with the beadlock ring. Not actually running beadlocks. (Although I am running beadlocks on the street).