Won't shift out of 4 low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
602, you ever fix this issue? I have the exact same problem!!???
Yes. The dielectric grease seemed to do the trick. I have never touched it again since this thread and still own and use the truck I have been stuck in 4-low a time or two since, but driving for a few mins and then stopping on flat ground and reattempting the shift has always worked for me. Best of luck!

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the Sync 2 to Sync 3 upgrade today I was testing to see if the front camera worked. (It won't without changing to a delay on the rear camera). Anyway, the tranfer case shifted to 4L no problem but then would not shift back out of 4L. It would partially shift but get stuck in I assume neutral. I did some google diagnosis and it looked likely that it was the transfer case actuator. And that was a simple part swap. Sadly the local dealers wanted $382. Online I could get OEM for like $200 and aftermarket for $100 but I would be down for at least 5 days so I bit the bullet and paid full retail. It was like a 15 min swap and all works now.