Who will be the first member to take delivery???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

philomega15

Reaction score
Keep on hoping. Got confirmation from Ford Service that my vehicle is in transit today with an ETA of 12/19. Had specifically asked if was in Retrofit category and apparently not.. Built on 11/21 or so the window sticker said. Talked dealer and he had the same info and eta. Early xmas present hopefully. Interesting to know the cutoff for Retrofits.

What options did you order? Mine was built on 11/21 - undergoing retrofit. I have a black screw, 802, tech pkg, spray-in liner, moonroof, heated steering wheel and that's it.
Spoke with my dealer today - I guess Raptors aren't the only ones getting held. They said the owner ordered a Limited w/ 3.5 and his was held as well. He said current order status had both "in storage" with no ETA, whatever that means

fijidaniel

Reaction score
Longer process, more steps and handling involved.

I'm not sure about cars per se, but I know for other items, rail is longer. I know a guy who was shipping a piece of equip by rail and he stuck a GPS unit on it when he inspected it after loaded onto rail car. He then sat at his desk and watched it travel all over the country and back and forth on the same line till it made it to him 200 miles away and 3 months later.

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep on hoping. Got confirmation from Ford Service that my vehicle is in transit today with an ETA of 12/19. Had specifically asked if was in Retrofit category and apparently not.. Built on 11/21 or so the window sticker said. Talked dealer and he had the same info and eta. Early xmas present hopefully. Interesting to know the cutoff for Retrofits.

Hopefully that info is correct.

My truck was built 11/27 and is waiting for retrofit. I've seen trucks built as early as 11/14 that were shipped.

So I don't think there is a specific date where the retrofits cut off.

Ya mine is being shipped by rail which really sucks. Built 11/22, my ETA is Dec 17 which i know isnt going to happen especially because its coming by rail.

Is that based on what your sticker says or what you're being told by your dealer or Ford?

What options did you order? Mine was built on 11/21 - undergoing retrofit. I have a black screw, 802, tech pkg, spray-in liner, moonroof, heated steering wheel and that's it.
Spoke with my dealer today - I guess Raptors aren't the only ones getting held. They said the owner ordered a Limited w/ 3.5 and his was held as well. He said current order status had both "in storage" with no ETA, whatever that means

I have a 17' Lariat ordered for a customer with the 3.5 Eco and it's finally in transit here by rail. So they are shipping also

RaptorLegend

Reaction score
Hopefully that info is correct.

My truck was built 11/27 and is waiting for retrofit. I've seen trucks built as early as 11/14 that were shipped.

So I don't think there is a specific date where the retrofits cut off.

Is that based on what your sticker says or what you're being told by your dealer or Ford?

I have a 17' Lariat ordered for a customer with the 3.5 Eco and it's finally in transit here by rail. So they are shipping also

My sticker said rail on it, and my ETA is from Ford Service.

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My sticker said rail on it, and my ETA is from Ford Service.

My sticker says convoy and our daily report sheet says "storage" with and ETA of 11/14 and my truck is waiting for "retrofit". The ETA's are generated automatically as movement with the truck is detected. With your build date it's a hit or miss chance right now if that is accurate info or not. Most of the Raptors shipping at this point have been December or the last couple days of November builds.

Time will tell. Hope for your sake it's correct.

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-Build date
-Shipping date
-ETA
-Actual arrival date at the dealership
-What state you are purchasing it in.[/QUOTE]

11-29-2016
12-04-2016
01-04-2017
Well I'm assuming 01-04-2017
-Alaska

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

I never got the freaking sticker. For whatever stupid reason, that's the one piece of info I can't get.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here's my thought. I don't think customer order trucks will ship out of order. Ford finds an issue that needs a fixed. They stopped pulling orders for production. They find a fix. They start production but only build dealer trucks. They fix the trucks on the lot so they can ship out before they build more customer orders. It's just a theory.

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's my thought. I don't think customer order trucks will ship out of order. Ford finds an issue that needs a fixed. They stopped pulling orders for production. They find a fix. They start production but only build dealer trucks. They fix the trucks on the lot so they can ship out before they build more customer orders. It's just a theory.

That would benefit me as I never actually "ordered". I just happened to get the truck my dealer had ordered