Who has run the ORA550 tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis Runty

Reaction score
Have their kit sitting on my self. Currently running Cobb Stage 2. About to have the boost tubes installed. Once I live with the Cobb tune for a bit with all the hard parts I'll switch over and see how they compare. Anyone already do that?

I haven’t seen anyone do a proper side by side comparison, so this would be great. Most just know what they got and want to feel like they got their money’s worth.

Malamuteman

Reaction score
Have their kit sitting on my shelf. Currently running Cobb Stage 2. About to have the boost tubes installed. Once I live with the Cobb tune for a bit with all the hard parts I'll switch over and see how they compare. Anyone already do that?
This is where I'm at also. The stage 2 tune to me feels good sometimes but most of the time feels fat. I've been trying to figure out weather to switch over to the ORA550 setup. (Those guys have been great with questions.) Or throw a TCM tune and possibly custom tune with the Cobb. I really like the Cobb tuner. I just feel like the SCT graphics are about 20 years behind. May sound dumb to some.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is where I'm at also. The stage 2 tune to me feels good sometimes but most of the time feels fat. I've been trying to figure out weather to switch over to the ORA550 setup. (Those guys have been great with questions.) Or throw a TCM tune and possibly custom tune with the Cobb. I really like the Cobb tuner. I just feel like the SCT graphics are about 20 years behind. May sound dumb to some.

You can get an Ngauge unit for a lil more $$$ from Gearhead direct (which is who ORA is using for their tunes)- which seems as nicer or maybe even nicer aesthetically mounted in the truck. You could then get the hard parts from ORA or maybe just ask them if you can swap devices w/ their package from SCT to Ngauge - May be the simplest way.

TrackRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally got around to installing my ORA550 tune this weekend. I'm still following the prescribed break in period so haven't jumped on it yet but straight out of the box the truck runs smoother than it had been. This is the third tune I've run. Cobb Stage 2 and Goosetune preceded ORA 550. With they used the AccessPort device as I prefer it to the form factor of the SCT device. I only use the device(s) for loading so I've got past that bit already.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I finally got around to installing my ORA550 tune this weekend. I'm still following the prescribed break in period so haven't jumped on it yet but straight out of the box the truck runs smoother than it had been. This is the third tune I've run. Cobb Stage 2 and Goosetune preceded ORA 550. With they used the AccessPort device as I prefer it to the form factor of the SCT device. I only use the device(s) for loading so I've got past that bit already.

That's great! Please post up your thoughts once your beyond the break in and able to really use that skinny pedal.

im33303

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Waiting for feedback too

MattHamby598

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the ORA tune on my '19 two weeks ago. The only performance mod I have is a resonator delete. De-performance wise the truck is on heavy 2 pc wheels with 37" Nittos.
They tell you to drive "easy", no WOT, for about 250 miles. Well, that's effin hard to do, but I did my best, so for the first few drives I wasn't thrilled. Right around the 220+ mark I started treating it like I usually do, which is a foot in the ass often while driving. After several runs, I thought it ran really well. Hit it from a dead stop it accelerates and shifts right, hazes the tires through first, its fun. Cruising speed/passing zone acceleration is more fun now. Am I happy, yes. Do I still want more power, "did you really just ask that?" DUH

Flip side. For those of you coming from a tuned diesel truck, the tune will not feel even close to what performance difference a tuned diesel gives. I'm coming from a tuned and deleted LML Duramax and previously a tuned 6.0 Power Stroke. Remember diesel tunes can give you a few hundred lb ft of tq increase, so hell yeah your going to feel that a whole lot more than you feel in a tuned Raptor. That being said, every Raptor deserves to be tuned. I have nothing to compare it to, but I do recommend the ORA550 tune.

Ssecca69

Reaction score
My tune
I installed the ORA tune on my '19 two weeks ago. The only performance mod I have is a resonator delete. De-performance wise the truck is on heavy 2 pc wheels with 37" Nittos.
They tell you to drive "easy", no WOT, for about 250 miles. Well, that's effin hard to do, but I did my best, so for the first few drives I wasn't thrilled. Right around the 220+ mark I started treating it like I usually do, which is a foot in the ass often while driving. After several runs, I thought it ran really well. Hit it from a dead stop it accelerates and shifts right, hazes the tires through first, its fun. Cruising speed/passing zone acceleration is more fun now. Am I happy, yes. Do I still want more power, "did you really just ask that?" DUH

Flip side. For those of you coming from a tuned diesel truck, the tune will not feel even close to what performance difference a tuned diesel gives. I'm coming from a tuned and deleted LML Duramax and previously a tuned 6.0 Power Stroke. Remember diesel tunes can give you a few hundred lb ft of tq increase, so hell yeah your going to feel that a whole lot more than you feel in a tuned Raptor. That being said, every Raptor deserves to be tuned. I have nothing to compare it to, but I do recommend the ORA550 tune.

My tuned and deleted lml smokes my tuned raptor with stage 2 Cobb.

I've drove both so I know it's not the driver..

MattHamby598

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tuned and deleted lml smokes my tuned raptor with stage 2 Cobb.

I've drove both so I know it's not the driver..[/QUOTE]

no doubt! My LML was a beast compared to the Raptor. I'll end up in a Diesel again, but this truck is still fun