Who has run the ORA550 tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yugnat

Reaction score
Just wondering who has experience running the ORA550 tune and what you think of it. I'd also really like to hear comparisons from anybody who has also run tunes from MPT or Cobb. I've scoured the forums reading but these couple questions are the heart of what I was searching for so thought I'd start a post for it. Thanks!

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a gearhead tune on my truck which is essentially the same thing less the hard parts that Off-road alliance throws in. This is def the best tune for me- SMOOTH as silk in the shifting/power delivery department, won’t overboost/overwork stock turbos, will autoadjuat for low octane or bad gas (if you get stuck in an area w/o 93 octane, no tuning device, & are running an MPT 93prx tune for instance, well....you’re f****d essentially) - and yes you’ll get a 75-100whp bump. It’s an awesome “set it & forget it” tune for a DD if you don’t need to have the most high strung frenetically tuned raptor I would highly recommend it. Also- unlike some other tuners out there who don’t touch the tranny (total waste of $$$ IMO- cobb was selling these “1/2 tunes” all along until finally offering TCM tuning for an up harvest) gearhead tunes are just as involved in the tranny as the engine tuning.

I’m not knocking FRL/ORA If I wanted to add hard parts w/ a tune I’m sure they’re getting a discount from gearhead for being another vendor/mass customer & their total package I’m guessing is good bang for the buck.

I just wasn’t interested in messing w/ intake/IC

SRPRACING

Reaction score
Matt makes probably one the of the best tunes for the ecoboosts including the raptor. He sure knows his stuff. You can never go wrong with it. Very very refined daily driving tune. Power when you need it and smooth when you don’t.

I completely agree a tune is more than enough. Then again we all have different views on everything.

Travis Runty

Reaction score
I’ve been running it for several days now and I’m loving it. I did the full ora550 package and haven’t used other tunes, so i can’t tell you how it compares though. Also worth a lot, the off-road alliance guys are super accessible and willing to help.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been running it for several days now and I’m loving it. I did the full ora550 package and haven’t used other tunes, so i can’t tell you how it compares though. Also worth a lot, the off-road alliance guys are super accessible and willing to help.

Yes they do know their stuff & have good service. Only reason I didn’t get tuned through them is I didn’t want the hard parts just a tune. If I upgrade the IC I’d prefer it to be stock location- probably CVF.

I bought a triple bezel fog kit from them- they make the best kit out there for bumper lights looks like a factory option.

TrackRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have their kit sitting on my shelf. Currently running Cobb Stage 2. About to have the boost tubes installed. Once I live with the Cobb tune for a bit with all the hard parts I'll switch over and see how they compare. Anyone already do that?

Last edited: