GEN 2 WHICH FMIC to buy?!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, let me more direct and clear.

Mishimoto quality is less than ideal. The diatribe about the overflow tank was to illustrate the lack of attention to design and detail, including materials, that mishimoto shows their products.

In short:

Anything before mishimoto.

Buy the highest quality product that you can afford. The FMIC is an extremely important component of your truck.
I wont debate on it. I just know its made from same 6061 Aluminium Grade as 95% of other intercoolers with same bar and plate design as all others. Also having welders background their TIG welds seem pretty on point. Will see how it performs. For me saying that lets say Whipple made from exactly same thickness of 6061 aluminum as Mishimoto or any other intercooler of the same Cubic Volume made from exactly same material and design is better then other is just B.S. If it has more holding volume yes I can agree its better but at the same specs its just a name thats about it.

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't confuse volume with "efficiency". Same volume and same alloy (if actually so) is not all there is to it. I have no dog in this hunt. Former vendor different platform, background in aerospace manufacturing... who does not like to post much these days.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Yeah I do, i'm not saying it's not efective because it is, however it's not the best option. When I get home I'll dig for some data specfic to this.

What you will see over a long pull is both intercoolers lose tempature and then start gaining tempature. the front mount will continue to gain and gain and the stock location will gain and then start to fall agian above 80 mph.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Any update on the flow data?

Turbo95max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, let me more direct and clear.

Mishimoto quality is less than ideal. The diatribe about the overflow tank was to illustrate the lack of attention to design and detail, including materials, that mishimoto shows their products.

In short:

Anything before mishimoto.

Buy the highest quality product that you can afford. The FMIC is an extremely important component of your truck.

I agree, Mishimoto has always been known for lower quality products. Known as the "knock off" brand. A few years ago they started offering lifetime warranty on their stuff. Probably to increase sales or to help with their brand image.