GEN 2 WHICH FMIC to buy?!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide which FMIC to buy?? I’m going to change from the stock location to the visible, behind the grill mount.

Thoughts/comments on which?

I really like the ADD, but there’s also COBB, Wagner, Mishimoto and Agency.

FIRE AWAY!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't go with ADD anymore - I think AFE makes their cores now? I'd go full race or cobb I think - I have a full race, the first gen. Also, if you have ACC and are getting a new front bumper that is a consideration as well for the relocated ACC module.

zfgracing

Reaction score
If you don't need to relocate your intercooler don't. The stock location intercooler provides the best airflow potential. I've tuned with just about every intercooler on the market and I must say my 2 favorite are the Wagner tuning intercooler and ams performance intercooler.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Gcode450

Reaction score
If I were to do it over again I would go with the complete setup with Mishimoto.... IC, hot side pipes and cold side.

Although I am happy with my Whipple IC and will install the hot and cold pipes down the road.

zfgracing

Reaction score
If I were to do it over again I would go with the complete setup with Mishimoto.... IC, hot side pipes and cold side.

Although I am happy with my Whipple IC and will install the hot and cold pipes down the road.
Nothing to gain from hot and cold side piping, and honestly they make the heat soak at low speed worse.

Gcode450

Reaction score
Nothing to gain from hot and cold side piping, and honestly they make the heat soak at low speed worse.

Too late, already ordered. But I will put 'em to the test.

https://www.mishimoto.com/engineering/2018/10/ford-f-150-2017-35l-ecoboost-intercooler-pipe-rd/

https://www.mishimoto.com/engineeri...es-how-to-build-a-reliable-cac-piping-system/

https://www.mishimoto.com/engineeri...the-ultimate-guide-for-intercooler-selection/

Last edited:

Neens

Reaction score

Factory piping already big enough? My understanding is that a larger thinner intercooler would cool better than a shorter fatter one because it has more surface area? I have the full race kit in order should be coming soon. Pairing it with ams tubes and afe cai.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
If you don't need to relocate your intercooler don't. The stock location intercooler provides the best airflow potential. I've tuned with just about every intercooler on the market and I must say my 2 favorite are the Wagner tuning intercooler and ams performance intercooler.

Why do you prefer those two IC?