What raptor look do u like better? Gen 1 Gen 2 gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just driving back from the beach and I finally saw my first GEN 3 driving straight at me on hwy 97, code orange 37 package, thing was beautiful, absolutely love it, now if it only came with a boat anchor/airport shuttlebus V8, ha ha. Seriously, best Raptor yet! I just want to see the AMB to compare!

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Gen 1 Sasquatch. Get off your high horse boomer, your truck shares an engine with airport shuttle busses, it’s not an “SVT”, it’s not exclusive, it’s not fast. It’s a 600lb anvil over your front axle.

Since you’ve apparently been asleep for the past decade, SVT is now Ford Performance, which is a global entity responsible for Gen 2+ Raptors, Ranger Raptor, Focus RS, Bronco Raptor, Ford GT, GT350/R, GT500, and of course Raptor R when/if it’s released.
Wow! Angry person.

The OP's topic is about looks.

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 - Exterior design has aged well, but the interior is too outdated looking for me, imo.

Gen 2 - This is the best all around to me, not too overly modern but also not too out dated feeling. Interior is not as nice as the Gen 3 in some ways, but it has more of a utilitarian/rugged feel versus a more polished/higher end look and feel on the Gen 3. The Recaro package with the aluminum trim around the vents is a big upgrade there in terms of making the interior look less plasticky.

Gen 3 - Has a pretty refined interior design, suspension, and just newer/updated everything all around. Most people say pictures don't do a Gen 3 justice, but after seeing in person, I've never done a double take on one or really cared much for them. I think it's part of the appeal is that it's just a new and different design. I also personally like the Recaro seats and blue accents in the G2, but the G3 has way too much blue now with the Recaro option.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another Gen 1 Sasquatch. Get off your high horse boomer, your truck shares an engine with airport shuttle busses, it’s not an “SVT”, it’s not exclusive, it’s not fast. It’s a 600lb anvil over your front axle.

Since you’ve apparently been asleep for the past decade, SVT is now Ford Performance, which is a global entity responsible for Gen 2+ Raptors, Ranger Raptor, Focus RS, Bronco Raptor, Ford GT, GT350/R, GT500, and of course Raptor R when/if it’s released.
Sorry but the SVT and the Ford Performance thing is a little deeper than you are aware. Poor Snot Nosed Idiots. Still no Raptor until they stop sounding like a flatulent elephant plus they are not really suited as work trucks. The modified 2022 Oil Burner Tremor I have now works very well in the ugly conditions I have to deal with. Guess when you are in the mall crawling through the parking lot you at least look good doing it. :)

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but the SVT and the Ford Performance thing is a little deeper than you are aware. Poor Snot Nosed Idiots. Still no Raptor until they stop sounding like a flatulent elephant plus they are not really suited as work trucks. The modified 2022 Oil Burner Tremor I have now works very well in the ugly conditions I have to deal with. Guess when you are in the mall crawling through the parking lot you at least look good doing it. :)
Sorry, but as you’ve proven over the years here, you have no idea what you’re talking about. You’ve made a mockery of yourself with your baseless claims disparaging the new Raptors. And yes, they are Raptors, it’s pathetic that such a topic even needs to be brought up. That’s defined by Ford, not some nobody on a forum. Gen 2 replaced your Gen 1 and they’re better performing, more capable trucks. Get over yourself.

It’s obvious you know nothing about SVT or Ford Performance; stop pretending you have inside information. You’re grasping at straws because you got called on your fallacies, you’re a bull$hit artist. The fact that you stated the Gen 3 R will be an “SVT” tells us all we need to know; you haven’t got a clue.

Last edited:

ben2k9

Reaction score
When I first ordered my Gen3, i thought the front/lights area was not going to look as cool/aggressive as the Gen2. But like many have said, these things look so much more impressive in person. Respect for prior gens, but IMO Gen3 looks the best all around. I agree with someone else who said wheel design a little stale. They should have had something totally new there for Gen3 just to set them apart.