What raptor look do u like better? Gen 1 Gen 2 gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Own a gen 2 but a gen 3 37 in person looks awesome and I would trade. Not a fan of the standard wheels on the gen 3s. They look stale

Reaction score
I mean a Gen 2 SuperCab reflects the spirited nature these sport trucks where built for. But if i'm being honest I love every SuperCab (no matter which gen) more than the one before it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got to go with the Gen I! No Ringy Dingy Motor.
Well you are not fully understanding the V8 issue here. Look up the term "Ringy Dingy Motor" on this forum. You will see posts from me when I called it correctly and said I would never buy another Raptor until Ford did go back to a V8.

One other thing the Gen II and Gen III are not SVT vehicles. Wonder if the Raptor R will be a SVT?
Another Gen 1 Sasquatch. Get off your high horse boomer, your truck shares an engine with airport shuttle busses, it’s not an “SVT”, it’s not exclusive, it’s not fast. It’s a 600lb anvil over your front axle.

Since you’ve apparently been asleep for the past decade, SVT is now Ford Performance, which is a global entity responsible for Gen 2+ Raptors, Ranger Raptor, Focus RS, Bronco Raptor, Ford GT, GT350/R, GT500, and of course Raptor R when/if it’s released.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another Gen 1 Sasquatch. Get off your high horse boomer, your truck shares an engine with airport shuttle busses, it’s not an “SVT”, it’s not exclusive, it’s not fast. It’s a 600lb anvil over your front axle.

Since you’ve apparently been asleep for the past decade, SVT is now Ford Performance, which is a global entity responsible for Gen 2+ Raptors, Ranger Raptor, Focus RS, Bronco Raptor, Ford GT, GT350/R, GT500, and of course Raptor R when/if it’s released.
He's not a sasquatch, far from it, but he might of fallen asleep with the SVT news, ha ha.

"Air port Shuttle bus", that's funny, but I hate you for saying that, all the same, lol

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He's not a sasquatch, far from it, but he might of fallen asleep with the SVT news, ha ha.

"Air port Shuttle bus", that's funny, but I hate you for saying that, all the same, lol
Fine! Downgraded from “Sasquatch” to Gen 1 fanboy lol.

Note that this is the same individual who claimed the Gen 2 wasn’t a real Raptor, and was simply an F-150 with a sticker package. This individual also claimed Gen 2 would not sell, and would be available under the employee discount plan, because it’s “not an SVT” :jester:

Clearly he’s let his ignorance and bias get the best of him.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed.

I never even noticed the Raptor until Gen 2. Huge difference IMO.

View attachment 347823
View attachment 347826

Minor...very minor, but that's not exactly a fair visual comparison. The Gen 1 comparison is with trucks on the same color, and black where black vents don't show up. And it's mostly a front view. On the Gen 2, it's comparing to the later version of the corresponding F150 after headlights and grill were modified. The headlight and grill shape were exactly the same originally. If fact platinum and limited models also had the amber leds.

Honestly, of the 3 gens, I would say the Gen 3 looks most like it's f15o counterpart, but only marginally. All are easy to spot if you know what to look for and not at if you don't.