What raptor look do u like better? Gen 1 Gen 2 gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

9th Island raptor

Reaction score
When I was looking for my raptor back in 2020 I was just in love with the gen 2. They did such a good job on the look of the truck especially the front lights that was my favorite part. Just a beast of a truck. So you can imagine how excited I was to hear there was gonna be a gen 3 and I was set on buying it with the 37 package. I was sure they were gonna out do the look of the gen 2. Then they revealed the truck. I absolutely did not like the build or design I feel they took a step back. Don't get me wrong The truck is a beast but the look I feel lacked appeal. I feel they could've done better. What do u guys think? I would love to hear everyone thoughts. Do u like it? Don't like it?

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen 3 looks very good in person, I wasn’t entirely in love with it based on pics/videos prior to actually seeing one myself. I don’t know why, but the mirrors on the Gen 3 (including the regular F150’s) look weird and misplaced in my opinion. That’s the only visual complaint I have, that I don’t predict will grow on me.

I loved the Gen 2 since the day it came out, and still do.

The Gen 1 was absolutely incredible in any way you looked at it, both visually and spec wise. It’s starting to look dated as any 11+ year vehicle would, but it still draws attention as a special truck.

OP
OP
9th Island raptor

9th Island raptor

Reaction score
Haha You know what I agree 100%with everything you said. I feel exactly the same way. No I didn't see it in person either and I tell everyone that pics and videos don't do these trucks justice. It's whole other level when ur standing next to one. I guess for you it's the mirror's for me the only thing that I know that's not going to grow on me was the design of the front grill and lights there's something about the gen 2 that really stands out not just against the 1st and 3 gen but other trucks as well. It just has that look that if you walk next to it, she gonna bite. LoL The gen 1 though that was a beauty! But in the end it's a raptor and thas all that counts. That truck is still a beast!

Last edited: