What do I need for 37s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ive had my raptor for a while now, was waiting for a gen 3 but it didn’t impress me enough to make the switch. I’m looking to get 37s most likely KM3s. What do I need to make those tires fit?
thanks

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the search on here . This subject has been discussed in detail before. Some great info already available

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The standard questions we and you must ask is why do you want 37s? How will you use your truck.
There is basically two answers
1. Do as the video says and trim so you can make it through Starbucks
2. Spend about $20k on new suspension, fenders, and so on.

Really yes you can drive with 37s as a daily driver just fine. If you start off-roading and turning while under compression things aren’t going to go well.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The standard questions we and you must ask is why do you want 37s? How will you use your truck.
There is basically two answers
1. Do as the video says and trim so you can make it through Starbucks
2. Spend about $20k on new suspension, fenders, and so on.

Really yes you can drive with 37s as a daily driver just fine. If you start off-roading and turning while under compression things aren’t going to go well.

I've seen 1 or 2 people comment about fitting 37s on stock suspension/wheels with just a minimal amount of trimming, there is an older thread somewhere about it. I'll see if I can find it.

For the comment about rubbing offroad, I know this is a dumb question considering the trucks intended purpose, but when you say it will rub offroad, are you talking about high speed offroad, jumps, etc (trucks intended design) or it will rub even with slower, trail driving (not really rock climbing, more like getting to the hunting area, exploring remote camping areas, etc). My use is the second one, no high speed offroad and probably rarely if ever near full tuck on the trails I have access to and definitely not in the mall parking lot lol

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Post 8 in this thread has pics

Tlox

Reaction score
Tons of great information on this forum regarding 37’s, which ultimately helped me make the jump to 37” KM3’s. If you do your research, I’m certain you’ll come across some beneficial information posted by someone who is in a similar situation.

I’m currently 90% on road, so my needs will be different than some one who off roads their rig regularly. Good luck!

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen 1 or 2 people comment about fitting 37s on stock suspension/wheels with just a minimal amount of trimming, there is an older thread somewhere about it. I'll see if I can find it.

For the comment about rubbing offroad, I know this is a dumb question considering the trucks intended purpose, but when you say it will rub offroad, are you talking about high speed offroad, jumps, etc (trucks intended design) or it will rub even with slower, trail driving (not really rock climbing, more like getting to the hunting area, exploring remote camping areas, etc). My use is the second one, no high speed offroad and probably rarely if ever near full tuck on the trails I have access to and definitely not in the mall parking lot lol
Those who are doing minimal amount of trimming are strictly on road/dirt parking lots...

Even in slow hunting trails you may be alright , except for that one unexpected rut that is filled with water that you hit at 20mph, it tuck the wheel at 1/4 turn and there goes your fender flare.
On stock suspension there is arguably no performance benefits to adding 37s. Just comes down to looks.

for me I like to plan for that unexpected rather than plan for the normal everyday. It’s that unexpected that will leave you 50mi deep in the woods out of luck...

Not saying it’s impossible to run 37s with stock suspension, but what I would do is pull your coil out and when you start cutting actually cycle your suspension and see how much you need to keep cutting...

Bluto

Reaction score
Here is the rear flexed a bit, close to or on the bump stop. It isn't even very serious offloading. But notice how the wheel already is tucked up into the fender. I don't think that would fit a 37 unless you limited the travel. If you never take it off road, they will work fine with trimming though.

Attachments

• PXL_20210528_001224976.jpg
    PXL_20210528_001224976.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 55

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of cutting and a mini-sledge. Unfortunately the Gen 2s are a bit more complicated to *properly* fit 37’s on than the Gen 1s. Like others have said, you can make them clear well enough for daily driving, but the second you start pounding through the desert you’ll start blowing fender flares off and breaking stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter