What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had a pesky "check fuel inlet" gripe that keeps popping up with no real trend. I tried actuating the door and spraying some WD40 in there but no avail.

Now that I'm writing it I suppose I never pulled the negative terminal, may help reset it.
You need to clean it first with carburetor cleaner, and use the white gas insert nozzle that under the rear seat and insert about two dozen times while spraying.
WD 40 is the worst product you can use as a lubricant, it's a cleaner/nut buster. And does not lubricate.
Look for a real silicone lubricant not a nut buster.
If you have already used WD 40 in there, you probably have rusting going on now.
Just keep cleaning, and don't use WD40 crap.

Last edited:

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to clean it first with carburetor cleaner, and use the white gas insert nozzle that under the rear seat and insert about two dozen times while spraying.
WD 40 is the worst product you can use as a lubricant, it's a cleaner/nut buster. And does not lubricate.
Look for a real silicone lubricant not a nut buster.
If you have already used WD 40 in there, you probably have rusting going on now.
Just keep cleaning, and don't use WD40 crap.

Yes, I cleaned it first. I cycled the gas nozzle like you said.

I merely autopilot when I typed WD40. I'm a PB Blaster guy anyways. I used seafoam spray.

I'll go through it again.

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the rpg brackets installed. FYI not a fun project to do alone LOL
I had the hardest time with my SDHQ brackets. We marked the hinge positions in advance and still couldn't get the hood realigned correctly, even with the second set of hands. After about an hour we finally got it to clear but the panel gaps on either side are off. Oh well.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I had the hardest time with my SDHQ brackets. We marked the hinge positions in advance and still couldn't get the hood realigned correctly, even with the second set of hands. After about an hour we finally got it to clear but the panel gaps on either side are off. Oh well.
Yeah I definitely marked them too. Mine may be off but i got it to a point I couldn’t really tell.
I used a broom handle and the wall i was near to hold the hood up enough so i could get the bolt tightened with one hand, while the other held it alined. Lol.