What are you doing with your old truck? Trade it or try to sell it yourself?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kept my '06 F150 when I got the Raptor. Wasn't worth much for trade and I convinced myself having a spare truck is a good thing....for whatever reason

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually trade so I pay less on sales tax. For instance....if I get $50K for my trade and the new truck costs $80K I only pay sales tax on $30K.
Same in Arkansas. I'm just going back and forth on whether or not to get out of my truck now with the premium they're paying or trade it in when I take delivery of my Raptor. Don't know if the sales tax savings is going to be worth the potential loss in value if inventory picks up.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had a lightning reserved and was looking to pick up a ranger for the 14 year old but drive it until the new truck comes. Dealer offered me 63k on my 75th anniversary power wagon I picked up in February.

Fast forward I ordered a Raptor and thinking about trying to "sell" to the dealership but see if they can somehow count it as a trade in for the raptor to also get the tax savings. Not sure it will work.

I am also worried about trade values lowering. My salesman says it will be worth more in 4 months...

We have a Bronco on order for my wife so I guess in July/August when it arrives we will do trade in values on both vehicles and see which is more beneficial at the time.

poofyo101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its almost like dealers are paying more than buyers are now with gen 2 raptors.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the past few months I have been following used 19s and 20s on Autotrader within 300 miles of my area, and have noticed the inventory has been increasing and increasing. Went from 2-3 pages tops to 7 or so now and have seen a good number of trucks on there for a while. My local dealer has 3 on their lot at crazy prices and haven’t moved for 2 months.
those Gen 2’s won’t move now at those obnoxious prices. That window has closed now with the Gen 3 out.